Page 393 of 430 FirstFirst ... 293343383391392393394395403 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 4300

Thread: Three Peaks Fell Race

Coming back from an ankle injury so just been extra cautious. A month ago there was no way I was gonna do the race this year, in too much pain, but as the weeks past my ankle's feeling stronger so I've upped my training and feeling reasonably good, but just going really steady on any downhill sections. I was always cautious tackling any offroad downhill bits but now I'm embarrassingly slow. Was originally gonna go for a PB, 4hrs 21mins, but now I'll be glad to get round inside the cut-offs without my ankle giving me trouble, or worse rolling it again.

sorry duplicate post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Philg; 25-03-2015 at 06:06 PM.

PPP 3,2015 3.jpg
    I hope this works - if it does it's a picture of the viaduct and Whernside taken today to whet your appetites - it was a great (if cold) day for a recce

I see the entry's have gone over a 1000 now. I always thought the limit was 1000 and no more.

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzy42 View Post
    I see the entry's have gone over a 1000 now. I always thought the limit was 1000 and no more.
    Of those entered a couple of hundred usually don't run. Going a few over will probably not mean there are more than 1000 running.

Was grim on Ingleborough yesterday thats for sure
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wayne McIntosh - Clayton-le-Moors Harriers

Fellrunning Blog

Would I be pushing it running in road shoes? They are at least 20 seconds a mile quicker than my trail shoes, and do a lot of the work for me, where as I'm proper having to work hard in my trail shoes to maintain what should be comfortable pace. ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverand View Post
    Would I be pushing it running in road shoes? They are at least 20 seconds a mile quicker than my trail shoes, and do a lot of the work for me, where as I'm proper having to work hard in my trail shoes to maintain what should be comfortable pace. ...
    I've done it twice - needs to be dry - not just on the day - for a week or two. Coming off PYG can be soggy and part of the cross country section between PYG and Ribblehead although they have gravelled some of it in recent years, but mainly it's Whernside where fell shoes will give you an advantage going up and especially coming off the top part.
    Richard Taylor
    "William Tell could take an apple off your head. Taylor could take out a processed pea."
    Sid Waddell

Do they take batteries.if road shoes did all the work I'd wear em regardless of grip

I've done it several times in road shoes but definatley need to be bone dry, which is pretty rare in April. I've done it the race 8 times and my pb was in fell shoes, but that had more to do with the training I'd done rather than the footwear.