Page 424 of 430 FirstFirst ... 324374414422423424425426 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,240 of 4300

Thread: Three Peaks Fell Race

Thanks Graham. I wasn't sure if it had stuck at £20 or not post the World's. I can't remember the last year (of two) that I ran it, probably 2007, it was never my favourite race.
    Bob

http://bobwightman.co.uk/run/bob_graham.php

Without me you'd be one place nearer the back

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Thanks Graham. I wasn't sure if it had stuck at £20 or not post the World's. I can't remember the last year (of two) that I ran it, probably 2007, it was never my favourite race.
    When it started taking me over 4 hours (in my 50s) the fun went and I stopped; but as a Bank which instead of paying its customers interest provides them with a decent trail race, it has its merits.
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 06-02-2017 at 04:44 PM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

As a long race its got everything in it that I enjoy about running, a bit of road, some easy underfoot trails, a river crossing, a boggy section, a bit of X Country, some long steady climbs, some short technical descents, a bit of all sorts really, and the post race presentation in the marquee has a great atmosphere.

One of my favourite races of the year. It nearly kills me every time but something keeps drawing me back.

This year will be my 10th Three Peaks in a row the first being in 2008 at 51 yrs old. its a fantastic] race
    Its my 60th year this year and the race will be even harder as running the London Marathon 6 days prior as one of my 60th Challenges. Also doing the Lakeland 100 again in July.
    Using my 60th year to raise money for the Brain Tumour Charity
    http://m.virginmoneygiving.com/mt/uk...n_jtt_redirect

10 in a row is a great achievement! I see you're in Bentham Geronimo. Are you a member of Bentham Beagles by any chance? I've just moved into the village/town so wondering about transfering my second claim aliegences!
    I M Povey New Marske Harriers
    http://manwithoutashed.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by that_fjell_guy View Post
    10 in a row is a great achievement! I see you're in Bentham Geronimo. Are you a member of Bentham Beagles by any chance? I've just moved into the village/town so wondering about transfering my second claim aliegences!
    Hi yes i am in Bentham. The Beagles meet at the clubhouse on Wenning Avenue every tuesday and thursday night at 7pm and you are more than welcome. let me know if you are coming down and i will make sure i am there. i live right by the station

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
    Hi yes i am in Bentham. The Beagles meet at the clubhouse on Wenning Avenue every tuesday and thursday night at 7pm and you are more than welcome. let me know if you are coming down and i will make sure i am there. i live right by the station
    Cheers.
    I'm hoping to pop down a.s.a.p. but have been saying that since New Year...hopefully this Tuesday(...if I don't go swimming!?) or Thursday. I'll msg you here if I remember!

Just a reminder entries are still open until 9am Wednesday 12th April - please don't leave it until the last minute to enter

If you're not racing and can spare a few hours to help out on any of these day Friday 28th, Saturday 29th or Sunday 30th April please email me at [email protected]

Has anyone been on the course these last couple of days and if so what it was like underfoot. I reccied it 2 weeks ago and it was bone dry, just wondering if the heavy showers over these last couple of days have had much of an impact on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Fozzy42 View Post
    Has anyone been on the course these last couple of days and if so what it was like underfoot. I reccied it 2 weeks ago and it was bone dry, just wondering if the heavy showers over these last couple of days have had much of an impact on the ground.
    I'd reckon the only wet bit now may be the bottom of Whernside but I've not been over there recently. I went up Ingleborough via the normally wet route up from Cold Cotes (...not on Three Peaks route!) and that was driest I've seen it. Mind that was just before the recent wet/snowy spell and I'd guess if it rains the Friday night it could well change a bit?