Page 50 of 430 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Three Peaks Fell Race

Re: three peaks

Quote Originally Posted by Flat Foot View Post
    Another 20 yards and I would have got you Good run AR. I was bang on schedule for a 4:30 finish at the top of Ingleborough but decided to take a header just before the first ladder stile on the run off. Cut knee and hip and winded me for a minute.
    Great day out and thanks to all those supporting and marshalling. To Milli and Hot Dog for encouragement on the last climb. Also nice to see ChesterBlue - aren't you glad you got that qualifying race in
    I think I saw you do that. I asked if you were ok and you told me to carry on. Looked spectacular from behind

Fantastic experience, such an honour to take part in a brilliant event. Finished in 4hr 40min, absolutley knackered, legs feeling battered, but what a sence of achievement. Well worth all the pain and agony. Anyone know how do I obtain any photo's from yesterdays race? There was a few proffesional photographers around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Breath View Post
    I also had the dreaded inner-thigh cramp going up Ingleborough. Bl**dy painfull and very difficult to stretch out. Most of the muscle strain is on quads/calfs, so why do the inner thighs cramp. Any experts out there who can help ?
    DB you need to eat more crackers and cheese. Wallace didn't have any bother with cramp yesterday. Come to think of it, it will probably help your breath problem too.

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    Errr... yes 5-06 - you would have past me walking in!!

Originally Posted by Brummy John
    Was anyone slower than my 5:05?

I think I must have been the last forumite - 5 -29
    Poor Millipede had to wait all that time.......................no wonder she is sick in bed today!

Just looked at the detailed results and i think I've worked out where I could knock about 10 minutes off my time next year something to do with 44:27 up inglebrough no one infront ran slower and 231st place was the first person slower than me. Don't quite know what happenned really roll on next year

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysideup View Post
    Originally Posted by Brummy John
    Was anyone slower than my 5:05?

I think I must have been the last forumite - 5 -29
    Poor Millipede had to wait all that time.......................no wonder she is sick in bed today!
    I was so much slower I didn't dare start it. So I give hearty congratulations to alll of you. I was lurking just before Ribblehead cheering you all on. Mr Just-a-lurker! was a bit disappointed to get cramp on Ingleborough. However, he's now decided it's a muscle strain (fair assumption since you don't end up icing cramp a day later) and that he had a good run after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Just a Lurker! View Post
    I was so much slower I didn't dare start it. So I give hearty congratulations to alll of you. I was lurking just before Ribblehead cheering you all on. Mr Just-a-lurker! was a bit disappointed to get cramp on Ingleborough. However, he's now decided it's a muscle strain (fair assumption since you don't end up icing cramp a day later) and that he had a good run after all.
    Yes I spotted you lurking twice. Once right at the start just over the bridge and then again just before ribblehead. Thanks for the support. I was doing quite well then!!

cramps is down to your diet for sure as i found out at the annaversary waltz. i had fish and chips the night before and fry up for breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by Just a Lurker! View Post
    Mr Just-a-lurker! was a bit disappointed to get cramp on Ingleborough. However, he's now decided it's a muscle strain (fair assumption since you don't end up icing cramp a day later) and that he had a good run after all.
    I think you've hit the neil on the head there. Most likely muscle strain.

Who was the gorgeous angel who gave me some reviving lucosade on Whernside? Anyone off here? I love you!