Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wharfedale Off Road Marathon

Wharfedale Off Road Marathon

Any other forumites planning on doing this on the 2nd June I know it clashes with the Duddon Valley race but its a lot easier to get to and from.

Great route, lovely scenery and for a good cause.

http://www.st-gemma.co.uk/forthcomin...erramble07.htm

If you cant change something, change the way you feel about it !

Re: Wharfedale Off Road Marath

I'll be there - agree with you completely about the event. May go easy on the Sticky Toffee Pudding this year though. I think I ran off about 300 calories during the race, and consumed ten times that in the clubhouse afterwards.

Did the half last year and it was mint was gonna do the full this time but am away - gutted

thought about this or pen y ghent (which is a bit further to travel to) anyone know if it gets full quickly or can you enter on the day for both full and half??

Super Moderator

My first post!

You can certinly enter the Half on the day - we did it two years ago. Half is a belting run and suspect full is too...

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    thought about this or pen y ghent (which is a bit further to travel to) anyone know if it gets full quickly or can you enter on the day for both full and half??
    Egor, you can enter online from the St Gemmas web site but actually pay on the day, which covers you both ways. Only down side to that is that you have to pay the increased £2 charge for the on the day entry. Still £14 is good value for race, meal an t-shirt.

does anyone know or have the route for both full and half, pref e version which theyd be prepared to email through? think will def do it but dont have OS map of area.
    cheers

Have only just decided to have a go at this one and will have to enter on the day now. Does anybody know the Grid References for the CP's as there are no details on the events website?

Won't be able to recce it but would like to check it out on paper at least. Even a rough idea of where it goes would be helpful.

Super Moderator

Speaking to someone who's done it a couple of times in past, bare bones are Threshfield RUFC - Grassington - Kettlewell on Dales Way - Over to Litton Dale - Bordley - Malham Tarn - Mastilles lane - Threshfield

Most of climbing is in first half I think and my mate said it was quicker (and a mile or so shorter) than full Yorkshireman

Anyone got more details??

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Tips View Post
    Have only just decided to have a go at this one and will have to enter on the day now. Does anybody know the Grid References for the CP's as there are no details on the events website?

Won't be able to recce it but would like to check it out on paper at least. Even a rough idea of where it goes would be helpful.
    I have a pdf of the route which I can mail to anyone who wants it. Just pm me your e-mail address and I'll send it over.

My Garmin and Anquet software show it as being 23.8 miles (same as 3 P's) and 3500ft. Far easier running than the Yorkshireman.