Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Wharfedale Off Road Marathon

Re: Wharfedale Off Road Marath

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    You now have discovered me. I was an S or M and now have ventured to L's
    There comes a time when every man ought to move on from S&M.
    Except if they're the boss of Formula One.

enjoyed it yesterday, suprised me how many people i saw running with no kit-bumbag etc though.

Keighley - a bit too near lancashire for comfort

Quote Originally Posted by team pie View Post
    my club mate told me off for winding people up (thats owmeknee).

It is all relative though anti social, game on for leg four!! although P & B will be way in front of you by that point so you wont get chance to race me!!!!!

Tenth doesnt sound too bad to me, who was in the top three?
    Yes I heard you get carried by your club mates .
    Not sure who top 3 were 2nd was Shaun Wilkinson of Keighley, winning time I think was 3.06ish

Quote Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
    Was it you sat under tree at the finish, talking to a Lady with 2 BIG dogs?

If so I should have spoke, sorry, if not might come across you later.
    Yes that was me.
    Bit disturbed about you coming across me later - the shiney shorts stuff with Team pie was only banter.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial View Post
    Yes that was me Bit disturbed.
    You do look a bit disturbed

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    enjoyed it yesterday, suprised me how many people i saw running with no kit-bumbag etc though.
    We asked the one of the organisers who said that due to the weather forecast and the waterstations that the carrying of kit was at the discretion of the competitor.

I did carry a bumbag with water, map, compass, gels, whistle and waterproof top.

I thought it made a bit of a mockery of the race to be honest, two mins b4 the start someone saunters up and happens to mention that by the way you dont need your kit after all! if it wasnt charitable you would ask a few questions me thinks.

Good winning time for the full then, be interested to see the complete results up.

Anti social i think we would still beat you with me being carried and wearing your shiny shorts

We will never find out as I being wise and experienced am in the vets team and you being nobbut a lad will I assume be in the Pudsey childrens team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussockface View Post
    Did the half and my poorly foot doesn't seem significantly worse than when I started, so am feeling relatively chuffed. (Might not be able to walk in the morning though....)

Managed to miss Stagger altogether. Waved at Chris Brown but his mind must have been on higher things and he didn't notice me, which made it look as if I were a sad bastard pretending to have a friend.
    Introduced myself to GrahamB after many years of seeing him at races, and he appeared very worried when I said I was on the forum, and immediately apologised (pre-emptively) in case I happened to be someone he might have offended! A tad defensive, n'est ce pas?! No Graham, we're all one big happy family in fellrunning, as you know.
    On the other hand, I didn't quite dare to approach Antisocial, a) because it would have meant asking someone 'Are you Antisocial?, and I might have been wrong, and b) because calling yourself 'Antisocial' is a pretty clear signal you don't want to be approached by randomers (a bit like calling a Rottweiler 'Tyson').
    Briefly renewed acquaintance with Brett; one day day we'll actually remember each other.
    Did however have another chance to chat with my Borrowdale race buddy Sunnysideup, proving that Calder Valley and K&C aren't always at complete loggerheads.Or maybe it was because I was in my Baildon vest today.

All in all, a good turn out from the forum, and an enjoyable race in beautiful countryside. The sun even beat down around midday.
    Hi TF, yes you were right, although I wouldn’t goes so far as to say “sad bastard”, but you were only doing the half – very girly! Injury in deed! See you at the Yorkshireman?

Quote Originally Posted by owmeknee View Post
    ran with you today chris cheers for leading the way
    Thanks to you, both of you helped to keep my mind off the pain but as far as "leading the way", more like being dragged along.