Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: La Sportiva Crosslite review

La Sportiva Crosslite review

Thought that I'd start a new thread for this as I bought these yesterday as a bit of a wild card on recommendation of my local shop. A bit of a gamble but they felt so good in the shop I thought I'd risk it.

Just been out on a 12 mile run in the Dales, which as typical for the Dales included a bit of road at begining and end, stony paths, limestone, grassy tracks, mud, bog and of course hills. So a bit of everything.

Have to say I'm well impressed and can't recommend them highly enough.

Straight out of the box and I've not got a blister, not even one hot spot (could never say the same about my Innov8's). Felt like wearing slippers even when my feet got wet and muddy.

Great traction on wet grass and mud, even on steep ascents and descents. Yet a bit more comfort on the stony paths than pure fell shoes. Didn't do so well on wet polished limestone but then few things do!

They are basically as cushioned fell shoe and for a mere mortal like me that does a variety of terrain, that's what I want.

I know some will say, but they're not British, and I can't dispute that. But on the hill for me comfort rules, nothing worse than blisters on a long run. They provide a bit more comfort than your out and out fell shoe, whilst giving better grip and stability than a trail shoe.

So far, like I said, I really can't recommend them highly enough. :thumbup:

Banned

Re: La Sportiva Crosslite revi

Worth a vote

I like them too. My first pair were a prize so i got to try them no risk. Love them and am now wearing out my second pair. As you say - not great on wet rock but good for all the rest. Als like the way the laces tuck away and so don't tend to get snagged or come undone

Master

I found them very comfortable in the shop so bought them, but they turned out be a bit disappointing - very firm on anything other than grass/mud, and I find the grip poor on wet hard surfaces such as rock/bitumen/timber. I wear them occasionally in a local park but would not use them elsewhere. Roclite 315s/X talon 212s/Mizuno Wave Harriers/Mudroc290s are all rather better I feel.

Thats good news i was thinking of a pair of these myself and wondered whether they wound stand up to rocky type areas ie snowdonia, lakes or maybe races like 3 peaks or MMs.

these are my favourite fell shoe by far. comfortable and versitile with a bit of cushining for long trail ultra's

They are a nice shoe, but not good on wet rock, also I find them very rigid.

I like them, very comfy, on my second pair, used them to race Jura, Glen Rosa, the Ben and Wasdale this year so can cope ok with rocky and rough stuff although can be a bit suspect on wet rock.

I'd agree about them not being so good on wet rock but I figured trying to find a shoe that did everything was probably stretching the boundaries a bit. I'm also a complete wuss on wet rock anyway so even with grippy shoes I'd be taking extra care.

I've not been out on a run with all the different options cause I don't have that sort of money!! So I can't make direct comparisons with every alternative.

I know that for me they are more comfortable than my out and out fell shoes yet offer better grip and stability than my trail shoes.

They are a little known about shoe but other than the wet rock issue I was very impressed. The Wedge on Sunday and so I shall know even more then.

What I can say is that I was relieved not to have my heel torn to shreds like the first 2-3 times I wore my Innov's (a common problem I believe).

I just thought it was worth sharing my experience as all you ever seem to hear about on this forum is the 2 market leaders, Walsh and Innov8.

I put a pair on in a shop when they first arrived in UK (3 years ago?), thought they were the most comfortable shoe I'd ever tried. Now on my 3rd pair and they suit me well, as I'm prone to injury with some other makes. They don't have the big lugs on the sole of a Walsh or Inov8 so obviously don't cope so well in mud/peat or wet grass descents, but in the dry I find them great. Anyway, they are the best shoe for me and I find them super-comfy and stable.
    Don't roll with a pig in poo. You get covered in poo and the pig likes it.