Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: La Sportiva Crosslite review

Re: La Sportiva Crosslite revi

Quote Originally Posted by Baggins View Post
    Yes the Crosslite is pretty bad on wet rock also watch out for steep wet roads
    Who honestly wants to stay upright anyway?
    Falling over, slipping, banging your head, being unsteady and descending like a complete wuss it all adds to the fun....dont it

I wore my Crosslites on Wensleydale Wedge too. They are a rare shoe that I find comfortable. Walsh Spirit Peaks are comparable. Comfort (so hard to find) and stability are number 1 for me, and these have it. If they have decent grip as well (apart from on shiny wet rock), then that's a big plus. I never slipped once on the Wedge, when those around me were sliding all over the place.

Performed well in the snow yesterday and I didn't have cold feet either :thumbup:

Ive a pair of crosslights and they are great. Bought a pair of Crossovers for the winter too. Trying em out soon.

Mine performed very comfortably and stably without one slip on Sunday's frozen solid Famous Grouse fell race. They are rather good.

I have got some vouchers for some new running shoes - going to give these a go I thinks :thumbup: (Mostly good reviews and they look good too!)

Bottom of Cross Fell. It's wet and windy.

I got a free pair as a prize so tried them out with no obligations. I wore them up The Band and over Crinkle Crags, and decided to return down from Red Tarn rather than head over Blisco and wear them any longer - couldn't get them off my feet quickly enough! Absolutely hated them! Gave them away for free to a friend who said he liked them on the grassy Yorkshire races.

Far far far too rigid for my personal preference, and absolutely lethal on mildly moist rock. Personally, I'm sticking with the Kanadians for casual runs, and X-Talons for not-so-casual

Mind you, apparently in Italy mountain running theyre the shoes of choice??
    "Runners have coordination, skill, timing, fitness, and grace. Take a long, hard look in the mirror

How wide are these compared with say inov8 mudclaws, ive got fairly narrow feet ?
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Scott, I've got relatively wide but more importantly, symmetrical feet. (By symmetrical I mean they stick out equally on the little toe side as they do on the big toe side. Think of flippers.) Crosslites suit me as well as any shoe I've tried. If you can wear any Inov8 shoe without personal damage, these might not suit you, but by all means try them out. They don't LOOK wide but they work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    Scott, I've got relatively wide but more importantly, symmetrical feet. (By symmetrical I mean they stick out equally on the little toe side as they do on the big toe side. Think of flippers.) Crosslites suit me as well as any shoe I've tried. If you can wear any Inov8 shoe without personal damage, these might not suit you, but by all means try them out. They don't LOOK wide but they work for me.
    Thanks Nick ill try them on first but they do look a good shoe.
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.