Thought I should post for the first time to publicise the "taster" four hour Mountain Marathons score events that the LAMM team are running today, tomorrow and Friday as part of the Keswick Mountain Festival. My Saunders partner and I took today off as it looked like a good chance to do a bit of navigation practice and get some hilly miles in, and we weren't disappointed. Cracking course with some distinctly hard to find controls and a bit of low cloud to add to the interest.

All this and we came second in the "Expert" category - which is why I'm posting, because sadly there was only one other entrant (hence the unexpected and barely justified success). I certainly wouldn't blame anyone for not heading along considering that it is mid-week and the weather isn't brilliant, but for anyone looking for some pre-LAMM or Saunders training it'd be just the job (on top of which the organisers have put in a lot of work setting it up and I felt really sorry for them).

If anyone does have a chance to take part over the next couple of days I'd be interested to know how you get on. Registration is at George Fishers between 9am and 1pm, start is about 30 mins walk away, finish is back at Fishers - more info at:
http://www.keswickmountainfestival.c...er-information