Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrekin Wrecker

Wrekin Wrecker

A cracking day on the Wrekin yesterday. Many thanks to Newport for organising and to all the marshalls.

Master

Re: Wrekin Wrecker

Quote Originally Posted by mattyh View Post
    A cracking day on the Wrekin yesterday. Many thanks to Newport for organising and to all the marshalls.
    I really enjoyed this race yesterday, my first time and a come back race for me after 4 months off. Quite a tough reintro. came in 29th and still 3 V50's in front of me. looks like the standard of the 'old boys' down there is pretty high! Well done and thanks to all.

Excellent race, and in perfect conditions yesterday. Thanks to Newport for brilliant organisation and the groovy buff (a very nice touch).

I even managed to not do a flying somersault on the scree descent this year...
    Hills - good for the soul...
    http://honestsstories.blogspot.co.uk

Cool Re: Wrekin Wrecker

Quote Originally Posted by Corniceman View Post
    I really enjoyed this race yesterday, my first time and a come back race for me after 4 months off. Quite a tough reintro. came in 29th and still 3 V50's in front of me. looks like the standard of the 'old boys' down there is pretty high! Well done and thanks to all.
    We must have swapped places a few times as I was 31st.
    Was a great race as usual, tough climbs and ridiculous descents past all the walkers trudging up the main path. Cracking day for it and an excellent turn out.
    Well done to the wonderful people Newport and district running club.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    We must have swapped places a few times as I was 31st.
    Was a great race as usual, tough climbs and ridiculous descents past all the walkers trudging up the main path. Cracking day for it and an excellent turn out.
    Well done to the wonderful people Newport and district running club.
    Hi Chris

We did swap places a few times. I think you were one of the two Mercia guys, your mate just beat me in the run in. I was taking you on the uphills but you two were murdering me going down. Hope to get to The Cracker if possible? if I see you I'll give you a shout.

Should be at the Cracker too, missed it the last 2 years due to illness unfortunately, similar conditions to Sunday wouldn't go amiss.

Might head out to this on Sunday, depending.
    Any idea whether there'll be a stash of maps for runners to take with us, for FRA requirements (previous posts suggest it is normally well taped and marshalled, and if I get lost it'll be a NE safety bearing off the top of the hill)
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    Any idea whether there'll be a stash of maps for runners to take with us, for FRA requirements (previous posts suggest it is normally well taped and marshalled, and if I get lost it'll be a NE safety bearing off the top of the hill)
    Newport have produced detailed maps that will be available to buy. £1 last I heard.
    Otherwise, you may be able to print the attachment?

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    Great race, almost impossible to get lost, marshalled and well marked
    "And what joy think ye, did they feel after the exceeding long and troublous ascent"

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Great race, almost impossible to get lost, marshalled and well marked
    well yes, I understand that and I've pretty good map memory/sense of direction, but rules is rules.

May not be heading out to this after all, pretty knacked and, if truthful, over-raced (at least once a weekend for the last 9 weekends) and Pendle up next! That said, a few beers may see me recover tonight and I may yet be there!

For reference regarding the attachment - does the race start with the blue or the red loop?
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy