Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Inov-8 Road-X Road Shoe Line

Re: Inov-8 Road-X Road Shoe Li

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    Yeah, that news has been there longer than two weeks, was going to see if inov-8 insider has any more info, may go for the 230 f-lite instead been told they are just as good on road!

PS cheers again DT

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-pt View Post
    Yeah, that news has been there longer than two weeks, was going to see if inov-8 insider has any more info, may go for the 230 f-lite instead been told they are just as good on road!

PS cheers again DT
    The only thing I wear when on road is 230 f-Lites. Done marathons in them. No problem.

Been eyeing a pair of these up, as I have no idea what a good road shoe is, other than I don't want a standard high heel and loads of cushioning road shoe.

Painful as it is to have to run on the road every now and a again, it has to be done at the moment.

Wiggle should have them in stock soon.

Any other road shoe reccomendations?

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    Been eyeing a pair of these up, as I have no idea what a good road shoe is, other than I don't want a standard high heel and loads of cushioning road shoe.

Painful as it is to have to run on the road every now and a again, it has to be done at the moment.

Wiggle should have them in stock soon.

Any other road shoe reccomendations?
    I have Nike free at the moment they have been good like slippers, just want even less cushioning now!

Super Moderator

If we believe that we do not need cushioning or that it is a bad thing never mind not beneficial, then does it matter what we wear for the occasional road run? I don't do any regular runs on tarmac but do run on a treadmill when travelling with work. I wear on old pair of Inov8 285, with very little tread. I reckon similarly well worn in Walshes would be just as good. I've run 9miles in very tired Walshes PBs largely on concrete before with no ill effect
    Poacher turned game-keeper

TBH it really does not matter in the slightest what you have on your feet... Andi jones and likes would still woop most of us with there high heeled acics on!!, Just the same as Ian Holmes would beat us with a pair of road shoes running on the fells... In real terms it hardly matter ?!!
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

Quote Originally Posted by scott baistow 93 View Post
    TBH it really does not matter in the slightest what you have on your feet... Andi jones and likes would still woop most of us with there high heeled acics on!!, Just the same as Ian Holmes would beat us with a pair of road shoes running on the fells... In real terms it hardly matter ?!!
    I have similar thoughts sometimes: instead of trying to shave 15 grams off each trainer, I should be more worried about pushing myself harder on my runs!

Quote Originally Posted by scott baistow 93 View Post
    Quite, but then most people aren't bothered about beating such people, and are more interested in personal goals and being able to run comfortably on a surface of their choice.

I would say it matters a hell of a lot what you have on your feet, otherwise you are not going to run far, harder, or faster.

Been eyeing up those Nike Free's as well, my mate swears by them for the road too.

Still tempted by the Inov's though.

Quote Originally Posted by Derby Tup View Post
    If we believe that we do not need cushioning or that it is a bad thing never mind not beneficial, then does it matter what we wear for the occasional road run? I don't do any regular runs on tarmac but do run on a treadmill when travelling with work. I wear on old pair of Inov8 285, with very little tread. I reckon similarly well worn in Walshes would be just as good. I've run 9miles in very tired Walshes PBs largely on concrete before with no ill effect
    Yes but no but...

I've been banging on about over-engineered shoes for years. Finally everyone else has come round to my way of thinking... What I think matters more is the overall structure of a shoe. Whilst it doesn't matter how much tread is left on the sole it does matter if the midsole, regardless of how much of a midsole there is, is collapsed, or if the uppers are split and causing the foot to not sit properly supported on the midsole.

I reckon I'll try some of these new fangled Inov-8 road shoes when they're out. Can't make my current crop of injuries any worse??? :w00t:

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dominion View Post
    Yes but no but...

I've been banging on about over-engineered shoes for years. Finally everyone else has come round to my way of thinking... What I think matters more is the overall structure of a shoe. Whilst it doesn't matter how much tread is left on the sole it does matter if the midsole, regardless of how much of a midsole there is, is collapsed, or if the uppers are split and causing the foot to not sit properly supported on the midsole.

I reckon I'll try some of these new fangled Inov-8 road shoes when they're out. Can't make my current crop of injuries any worse??? :w00t:
    What do you reckon would be decent for the odd 5 mile run on road or for the treadmill that is around now i.e. before the Inov8s are available (and say for less than 60quid )
    Poacher turned game-keeper