Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Inov-8 Road-X Road Shoe Line

I've got a pair of 233's and they're very good. But then I've only put 40k on them as I don't really run on roads! They're pretty minimalist, but that suits me....
    ....it's all downhill from here.

...so I bought the inov8 255's for 45quid, only wore them for a jog round track as yet, but they felt great

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverand View Post
    ...so I bought the inov8 255's for 45quid, only wore them for a jog round track as yet, but they felt great
    Glad I saw your post Rev. Just ordered a pair for £35 inc. del. can't go wrong at that price. Any more feedback ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    Glad I saw your post Rev. Just ordered a pair for £35 inc. del. can't go wrong at that price. Any more feedback ?
    I've had two pairs now jez and they've not worked for me so been a waste. I got a set in my normal size for inovs and they felt ok but one run in them revealed a rubbing heel so I gave them away. Bought another pair (well two actually) in a half size smaller and the heel is still loose even though my toes are close to the end. Total waste for me, I'm still going to try messing with them a bit but so far no good

They seem very oddly sized compared to the fell shoes.
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Furness View Post
    I've had two pairs now jez and they've not worked for me so been a waste. I got a set in my normal size for inovs and they felt ok but one run in them revealed a rubbing heel so I gave them away. Bought another pair (well two actually) in a half size smaller and the heel is still loose even though my toes are close to the end. Total waste for me, I'm still going to try messing with them a bit but so far no good

They seem very oddly sized compared to the fell shoes.
    Oh dear, that doesn't sound good ! I've ordered the same size as all my fell shoes. I haven't bought a pair of Inov-8 fell shoes that I haven't liked, so am still hopeful !

I recently bought a pair of 233's from sportshoes (bargain I think at around £40). Great for flat land running, though did a very hilly road race the other day and found them a bit 'slappy' on the steep downhills (but that's probably just my running style). Got the same size as x-talons and they are fine. They feel a bit bigger as they have the natural foot shape so are more roomy up front.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    I recently bought a pair of 233's from sportshoes (bargain I think at around £40). Great for flat land running, though did a very hilly road race the other day and found them a bit 'slappy' on the steep downhills (but that's probably just my running style). Got the same size as x-talons and they are fine. They feel a bit bigger as they have the natural foot shape so are more roomy up front.
    Cheers Mark. Looking forward to giving them a whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    Oh dear, that doesn't sound good ! I've ordered the same size as all my fell shoes. I haven't bought a pair of Inov-8 fell shoes that I haven't liked, so am still hopeful !
    My Heels are narrow Jez so that's probably why they don't fit me. They're definitely a different fit to talons
    @Hill_Runner on twitter