Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Hope Fell Race

Quote Originally Posted by Sam W View Post
    Deserving of a bump this lovely race. Anyone else going tonight?
    Having a couple of days walking/camping in the peaks so gonna do this tonight and Winster tomorrow. Two new races for me, looking forward to them.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Views are cracking once finally up Win Hill. Descent is pretty spectacular too. Worth the entry fee for free tea, squash & cakes last year.

If you're around on Monday evening, Hathersage Gala is a great race too. Hope you enjoy the race this evening & your stay in the peak.

Around 200 runners for last nights Hope Wakes Fell Race, 6.25 miles 1,441 feet. Late afternoon drizzle had made much of the route slippery but the threatened heavier rain didn't materialise.

Around the sports field to string out the runners and through the village to cross Edale Road and under the Cement Works railway lines where a train, travelling at tortoise speed, was making the most awful metal on metal screeching noises. Across a few fields then up a steeply rising bridleway under Hope Brink to Wooler Knoll. Down into the forest overlooking Ladybower Resevoir and a fantastic traversing bridleway through the trees. Steeply up, firstly through trees and then through heather on a single peaty trod to the TP at Win Hill.

A very fast descent back down on footpaths, muddy gullies, slippery grass and a horrible steep tarmac stretch before back across Edale Road and then a few fields to the finish in the sports field.

Results not out but the winner broke the course record and the first lady was Phillipa Williams.

I was 61st and 1st M60 in 57mins 12 sec. I went and got my prize a picked up a nice pair of gloves from the table. When my friend had a look at them she said " nice socks". I'd picked up a pair of those horrible feeling socks with individual toes. Doh! I let her keep them.

A great short race but starting to feel tired after 6 races in 18 days. RATRun tonight before Warslow on Saturday then a weeks rest before Pen Y Fan on 9th July.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

Quote Originally Posted by Llani Boy View Post
    A great short race but starting to feel tired after 6 races in 18 days. RATRun tonight before Warslow on Saturday then a weeks rest before Pen Y Fan on 9th July.
    I'm not surprised! But you seem to be going well still.

Good luck at Warslow - cracking race.