Page 64 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Heptonstall Fell Race

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    I heard at least one group of runners set off in the direction of Haworth!
    That sort of thing should be encouraged - it's about the only way I get to overtake people!

The classic start line picture in case you don't do facebook
    1601259_472899639476960_773640755_n.jpg

Anyone who has done the race in the past will remember that our HQ used be at The White Lion, what did you think to the Cross Inn as our new HQ and prize giving venue?
    10150767_10152308477988850_1651637815_n.jpg

Bit of a shame about the flag being moved in the first mile - heard you were all running round the woods for a while!
    What happened to you down there?
    I was caught out in the first 40-50 who ran on the path before someone called it & then we looked like a big search party scaling the banking in a wide line. My deliberately fast start didn't pay dividends! I noticed Adam was back in the lead within a few hundred yards (the last I saw of him) I think it only added to the fun and makes the new record even more impressive. Like I said a great event, many thanks. The pre race prayer for our safe return should be mandatory in new RO guidelines!

Quote Originally Posted by Bog Beast View Post
    I was caught out in the first 40-50 who ran on the path before someone called it & then we looked like a big search party scaling the banking in a wide line. My deliberately fast start didn't pay dividends! I noticed Adam was back in the lead within a few hundred yards (the last I saw of him) I think it only added to the fun and makes the new record even more impressive. Like I said a great event, many thanks. The pre race prayer for our safe return should be mandatory in new RO guidelines!

It was all down to a moved flag - amusingly the guy who did the flagging on that path lives in the village, knows the route well, and was 100% sure he flagged it correctly on Friday night. He was still willing to follow the visiting runners up the wrong path before the penny finally dropped 100 yards along

It was all down to a moved flag - amusingly the guy who did the flagging on that path lives in the village, knows the route well, and was 100% sure he flagged it correctly on Friday night. He was still willing to follow the visiting runners up the wrong path before the penny finally dropped 100 yards along
    I assume you have dobbed MrW in for the requisite Club Wally points, Trig?
    "And the winds blow and the sky looks cool / So I make my home in the clouds"

Great day many thanks to all involved, especially the maker of the treacle flapjack, from the local church I was told.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzlar View Post
    Great day many thanks to all involved, especially the maker of the treacle flapjack, from the local church I was told.
    The church ladies did us proud again - I believe we consumed over 400 pieces of homemade flapjack and cake. plus
    several gallons of tea and coffee - I will be passing on our collective thanks - along with a large cheque the church renovation fund - the race has tapped into some really generous community spirit (90% of marshals were non-runners recruited from neighbours and friends)

Heptonstall Fell Race 22nd March 2015 - spring is coming! As usual the whole village will be out to make cakes, dish out soup, and cheer you on - check out the race website for maps and route description [email protected]
    Traditional Sunday morning start with blessing from Rev Howard Pask - followed by 15 miles of heavenly running with a hellish 3200 feet of ascent
    All proceeds donated to Mytholmroyd Scouts, Mountain Rescue, and Heptonstall Church
    See you on the cobbles?

correction to web address; correct race site address; [email protected] (edit function is nt working on post above)