Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bright star

Re: Bright star

This mornings run was even more amazing.... millions of small white stars, many of them falling to earth. Then I realised it was snowing.

We come come in peace..... shoot to kill!

If there's a clear sky tomorrow you'll have the thin waning moon very close to Venus in the pre-dawn light.

No. On Uranus.
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

sorry
    Tao begets one. One begets two. Two begets all things.

Months later and with the light nights approaching.... I have discovered the Google Sky Map app fro my Htc phone (other providers are available). Thanks for all of the advice

For the last week, during my early evening 4 miles dog walk, I have been watching Jupiter and Saturn getting closer and closer together.

On this evenings walk, Sods Law, for the "Great Conjunction" it was cloudy. Bugger!
    Last edited by Llani Boy; 21-12-2020 at 10:18 PM.
    Visibility good except in Hill Fog

That's a shame. They were very close together yesterday - certainly in the same field of view when viewed through binoculars.

There was a gent talking about this on the wireless the other day. Apparently Kepler was the first person to map out the travel of the planets and there was a conjunction during his time (17th century). He planned out when future conjunctions would happen - including this one. And this was the best alignment of Jupiter and Saturn since the one that Kepler observed.

Quote Originally Posted by noel View Post
    That's a shame. They were very close together yesterday - certainly in the same field of view when viewed through binoculars.

There was a gent talking about this on the wireless the other day. Apparently Kepler was the first person to map out the travel of the planets and there was a conjunction during his time (17th century). He planned out when future conjunctions would happen - including this one. And this was the best alignment of Jupiter and Saturn since the one that Kepler observed.

Don't try telling me that this once in 800 year planetary alignment, on the exact Winter Solstice, in the same week that the New Pestilence arises in the South, in a Palindrome year, with borders locked closed, and with Leeds United being hammered 6 : 2 in the exact same week, is just a bloomin' coincidence! C'mon already!! I'm lockdown in my hastily chalked Pentagram on the cottage floor, chanting psalms until the Apocalypse is well and truly over and the Horsemen have restabled their nags. Just waiting now for the plague of locusts and barrage of Second Wave PPI nuisance texts...
    Am Yisrael Chai

Quote Originally Posted by Mossdog View Post
    Don't try telling me that this once in 800 year planetary alignment, on the exact Winter Solstice, in the same week that the New Pestilence arises in the South, in a Palindrome year, with borders locked closed, and with Leeds United being hammered 6 : 2 in the exact same week, is just a bloomin' coincidence! C'mon already!! I'm lockdown in my hastily chalked Pentagram on the cottage floor, chanting psalms until the Apocalypse is well and truly over and the Horsemen have restabled their nags. Just waiting now for the plague of locusts and barrage of Second Wave PPI nuisance texts...
    That made me chuckle, nice one.