Page 104 of 152 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1514

Thread: High Peak Marathon

Re: High Peak Marathon

I was running along Howden edge today, no paths just trod down snow and ice, about 2 cms fell whilst I was out very cold and vis very poor. they would be tough conditions on the day but I think I would prefer this to rain.

TEAM MEMBER NEEDED.

Hi, we have a team member for the high peak marathon who is unable to make the race now. We are therefore looking for a potential replacement urgently. The team is premierquest and are looking at completing in 12 to 13hrs (depending on nav)

2 of the remaining 3 have done the race before and both did the fellsman in may last year. The other is a newbie but has expereince running.

We are looking for a easy going fell runner who has either not managed to get in a team or who is currently training. we are running around 20 to 30 miles a week and are looking at possibly doing the mid section this saturday.

If you are interested or know anyone please let me know via message on this or email me on [email protected]

Thanks!
    Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by moogiej View Post
    TEAM MEMBER NEEDED.

Hi, we have a team member for the high peak marathon who is unable to make the race now. We are therefore looking for a potential replacement urgently. The team is premierquest and are looking at completing in 12 to 13hrs (depending on nav)

2 of the remaining 3 have done the race before and both did the fellsman in may last year. The other is a newbie but has expereince running.

We are looking for a easy going fell runner who has either not managed to get in a team or who is currently training. we are running around 20 to 30 miles a week and are looking at possibly doing the mid section this saturday.

If you are interested or know anyone please let me know via message on this or email me on [email protected]

Thanks!
    Morgan
    Send a message to Dave T on the carshare page on the DP site, There's always a DPer looking for a run. Dave is also an occasion Forumite as Lost Lad.

Theres a Dark Peak Race on Saturday morning which follows the HPM route from Abbey Brook to Margarey Hill. I might be up there with the camera but will save the legs for MS on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Send a message to Dave T on the carshare page on the DP site, There's always a DPer looking for a run. Dave is also an occasion Forumite as Lost Lad.

Theres a Dark Peak Race on Saturday morning which follows the HPM route from Abbey Brook to Margarey Hill. I might be up there with the camera but will save the legs for MS on Sunday
    Thanks for the info Ian, been meaning to look at joining the dp! think we are doing the middle section of hpm from about 8pm saturday, bit of night training. The new guy is coming up and I want him to expereince the worst part, bogs and everything! we were looking at a later start but with the cold coming thinking it may not be a good idea! :S

Will definitelty look at getting to more of these runs I think, I am guessing there are various levels? as my girlfriend is new to fell running.

Thanks again!
    Morgan

TEAM MEMBER NEEDED.

Thanks!
    Morgan
    I might be interested too. I've run the HPM twice and finished in 12:15 last time (2010) when not really that fit. Also done the fellsman twice. I'm pretty good on the nav of the middle stretch north of the A57 (I like to think). I'd need to check a couple of things first before absolutely confirming but let me know.

GUTTED.
    Now 2 invitations to run and I can't- Need to be in Preston by 9am Sat and able to supervise DoE all day (ie not dead on feet and shattered) and able to do night O that evening and be up early to do car park duty and then run at O event on Sunday.
    I need more weekends!!

Thanks for the info Ian, been meaning to look at joining the dp! think we are doing the middle section of hpm from about 8pm saturday, bit of night training. The new guy is coming up and I want him to expereince the worst part, bogs and everything! we were looking at a later start but with the cold coming thinking it may not be a good idea! :S

Will definitelty look at getting to more of these runs I think, I am guessing there are various levels? as my girlfriend is new to fell running.

Thanks again!
    Morgan
    All levels catered for, we had two new runners out tonight for the Warts head torch run, crossed some pretty harsh terrain with deep snow and we only lost one of them Only joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolly View Post
    I might be interested too. I've run the HPM twice and finished in 12:15 last time (2010) when not really that fit. Also done the fellsman twice. I'm pretty good on the nav of the middle stretch north of the A57 (I like to think). I'd need to check a couple of things first before absolutely confirming but let me know.
    I can Vouch for Stolly, solid runner, just don't let him go off too fast....!

Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    GUTTED.
    Now 2 invitations to run and I can't- Need to be in Preston by 9am Sat and able to supervise DoE all day (ie not dead on feet and shattered) and able to do night O that evening and be up early to do car park duty and then run at O event on Sunday.
    I need more weekends!!
    What you need Karen is a time machine.

Going out early tomorrow to do Cut gate to Hern clough then back via Alport.

Conditions looking cold and clear.

Did the cutgate to Hern clough today, loads of snow with the bogs virtually frozen, a good trod is forming but this is off the path, Helicopters were out in force with stones to lay a path, they were dropping this near Bleaklow Stones and we passed about 30m from where they were unloading. Bitingly cold on top, no thaw is apparent since the snow fell and it is still all powder up there. Hard work breaking trail.
    Fairyfeet despite having a cold and having completed a night shift pushed me hard all the way, what she will be like when well is a bit worrying....
    I'll post some pics later.

Quote Originally Posted by IanDarkpeak View Post
    Did the cutgate to Hern clough today, loads of snow with the bogs virtually frozen, a good trod is forming but this is off the path, Helicopters were out in force with stones to lay a path, they were dropping this near Bleaklow Stones and we passed about 30m from where they were unloading. Bitingly cold on top, no thaw is apparent since the snow fell and it is still all powder up there. Hard work breaking trail.
    Fairyfeet despite having a cold and having completed a night shift pushed me hard all the way, what she will be like when well is a bit worrying....
    I'll post some pics later.

Attachment 5641
    The way off from Wainstones

Attachment 5639
    Approaching Bleaklow Stones

Attachment 5640
    From BS looking at the Bleaklow crossing

Attachment 5637
    Bleaklow on the skyline

Attachment 5638
    Helicopter below BS
    Last edited by IanDarkpeak; 03-02-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Just checking whats on forum- thanks IDP for fielding questions and providing info. Re clothing rule is thermals + midlayer minimum for a cold night extra layer recommended. + waterproofs of course. Looking good up there, see you for Margery Hill meet tomorrow.
    If looking/ wanting a runner drop an email to highpeakmarathon we may be able to do some matching up.
    Here's to the laid back fell runner...