Page 141 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1514

Thread: High Peak Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by Adnan Khan View Post
    Route choice from Lose Hill to Win Hill. I remember going north after Lose Hill on Redbull Steeple Chase Race in to woodland and found it ok, Or is it better to drop down south towards Hope?
    I didn't think there was much choice - this is what most people will be doing (Twitchill Farm is out of bounds).

Lose Hill.jpg
    Totley AC

Quote Originally Posted by Adnan Khan View Post
    Route choice from Lose Hill to Win Hill. I remember going north after Lose Hill on Redbull Steeple Chase Race in to woodland and found it ok, Or is it better to drop down south towards Hope?
    I don't think you can go north from Lose Hill or you'll soon end up in private land with no footpaths crossing it, I think the Steeple Chase probably had permission from the land owner - you basically have to head South East to Losehill End and Townhead and down to Townhead Bridge before ascending Win Hill via Hope Brinks.
    the stickier.... the better....

[QUOTE=MarkClayton;620183]I didn't think there was much choice - this is what most people will be doing (Twitchill Farm is out of bounds).
    winhill.jpg This map from the HPM website makes the route to Winhill compulsory.

Thanks fellas. I should have looked at the website

_|_
    ./\.

Was it anyone from here out recceing cutthroat to cut gate last night? whoever it was seemed to be moving fairly well. I was out showing one of the new teams cutthroat bridge to cut gate, found it very icy along Derwent edge although the almost full moon and clear skies made for an awesome night out. I'll be back out Saturday night for the cutthroat to snake recce

Adnan are you free for an Edale - Cutthroat Bridge bimble tomorrow (Saturday)? Same applies to anyone else who may be interested. It's 20 miles back to Edale or 12 with a car at both ends. So far I'm stuck with 20. I'll be setting off from Edale by midday; can't make it any earlier due to parkrun voluntary duties beforehand.

Having done the HPM at least 5 times Britnick I'd recommend that the Edale to Cutthroat bit really doesn't need receeing (apart from maybe the descent from Win Hill). The bit that you can't recce enough is Cutthroat to Snake - unbelievable up there

I know that Stolly but I can't do it solo. We already have a weekend set aside for Cutthroat Bridge to Snake Pass where we can get cars at both ends. I just want to see in daylight as much of the route as possible and I can manage that first section solo. The route from Lose Hill onwards will be new to me and I like to envisage where I am when we do it in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    Adnan are you free for an Edale - Cutthroat Bridge bimble tomorrow (Saturday)? Same applies to anyone else who may be interested. It's 20 miles back to Edale or 12 with a car at both ends. So far I'm stuck with 20. I'll be setting off from Edale by midday; can't make it any earlier due to parkrun voluntary duties beforehand.
    Hi Nick, what time were you thinking of ? Its a 3 hours drive from Mines. Stolly I suggested to my team that we should split the nav, 5 cps each. I am hoping to do the first 5 ;-)

_|_
    ./\.

Hi Adnan, if you're coming I'd probably make it to Cutthroat Bridge around 11:30, give or take. Are you sure you'd want to travel 3hrs for a 12-mile section that's not so critical? Let me know so I know to go to C.B. instead of Edale to do my own thing. You could PM me if you prefer.