CALDER VALLEY ROUND - 16 miles and 4000'
(AL category fell race equivalent)
No entry fee - no prizes - just a great day out !!
Start: White Lion car park, Mytholmroyd (anytime to suit yourself)
Target Times: Elite - sub 2-45, A class - sub 3-15, Standard - over 3-15
This training run cum challenge was relaunched last year to celebrate its 21st Anniversary (1989-2010). It has its own web page here with a more streamlined route specifically aimed at Fellrunners. Following its success in 2010 clubs and individuals are again invited to enter into an informal friendly competition and complete the round during 2011. There is now a series of record times to go for as well as some new target times.
Full details including directions to the start are here.
It's all dead simple:
- Download the route sheet from the web page.
- Run round the route at any time to suit yourself.
- Register your time and club on this thread.
- Personal registrations only please - do not register other runners times.
- Like most worthwhile things in life this all depends on honesty so please stick strictly to the route described.
- A results summary will be published on here every few months and at the year end.
Good Running and Good Luck !!!
Final Record times (2010)
Overall: 2-23 (Rombald, Otley AC)
Female: 2-55 (Rachel, unattached)
Junior: 2-37 (TurboTom, CVFR)
Double: 6-38 (Spookster, unattached)
Club: 8 registrations (CVFR)