Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Inter-Counties?

2011 Inter-Counties?

Just wondering if anyone knew where abouts the 2011 inter counties race will be? The fra calendar simply says south Scotland

cheers

Re: 2011 Inter-Counties?

I think it's based at Broughton between Peebles and Biggar in the Scottish borders on 28th May

Is anyone able to enter this???? or do you have to qualify to run or be selected or something? Wouldnt mind a crack at it seeing as it aint a million miles from where I am

The races are usually existing Open races.

To represent your County you have to be selected by the relevant County Fell secretary / team manager which in Lancs is currently me, in Yorks I think is Dave Woodhead and in GM is Andi Jones for men and Anna Lupton for the ladies.

I hope that's still the case anyway.

Other counties I'm not sure.

But some counties do not put forward teams so if you are from a County that doesn't, lobby the County Association, perhaps through your club committee and see if you can get some interest in sending athletes.

NB. A county doesn't have to send full teams - and sometimes doesn't.
    You can see the results from the last 2 here http://www.ukcau.co.uk/fellrunning.htm and which counties tend to be represented.

thanks for that, expect representation from County Durham at this years event ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by TheReverand View Post
    thanks for that, expect representation from County Durham at this years event ;-)
    http://www.englandathletics.org/page...th+East+region

No Co Durham - it's North East Counties - they are combined - see link for a little info.

http://www.noeaa-athletics.org.uk/Pa...7&articleid=88
    In fact this is better - it has more info and it looks like there's a gap for a fell secretary which I assume is often the case. Why not get in touch, put yourself forward and select a team of ladies and men?
    You probably only need attend 2 or 3 meetings a year and attend the inter-counties as team manager (and athlete if you pick yourself)

The IC 2011 Champs will indeed be at Broughton in the Scottish Borders (where the Two Breweries Hill Race finishes) on 28th May. The town itself is only about 1 hour from Glasgow or Edinburgh and easily accessible from the south (it's 20mins north of Moffat).

The route is likely to be roughly 11km with 800m climb (a tweak or two still possible). The race is open for all to enter on the day, though Inter Counties entries will be pre-entry as usual through your county contact.

The Broughton Heights provide some fantastic running. The final race details will appear on the scottishhillracing website, likely early in the new year. Looking forward to seeing good representation from throughout the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Witton Park View Post
    http://www.englandathletics.org/page...th+East+region

No Co Durham - it's North East Counties - they are combined - see link for a little info.

http://www.noeaa-athletics.org.uk/Pa...7&articleid=88
    In fact this is better - it has more info and it looks like there's a gap for a fell secretary which I assume is often the case. Why not get in touch, put yourself forward and select a team of ladies and men?
    You probably only need attend 2 or 3 meetings a year and attend the inter-counties as team manager (and athlete if you pick yourself)
    I think Dave Parry maybe the ne fell secretary, i'll speak with him at the next winter series race

with regard to things like b&b's etc, would you suggest anywhere? or would it be better to find someone where in say edinburgh and then drive out?

ta

Why is the inter-counties championship being held in the far north of the country? Peebles must be something like 400 miles from the south (Gloucestershire, Wiltshire etc.). I hope that people enjoy the northern-counties championships.

Why would anyone want to drive 400 miles for a 7 mile fell race? This doesn't make any sense.