Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice people to buy from

Nice people to buy from

Just returned an unwanted item to RACEKIT. I was a bit worried it might disappear into the Christmas post never to be seen again, but today I got a phonecall from Amanda to reassure me it had indeed arrived. Thoughtful AND personal service. The website is a cracking good read, and there is always someone able to offer really informed advice over the telephone.

I hope this won't get zapped as spam. I promise I have no financial or other relationship with Racekit, I'm just an impressed customer.

It would be interesting to compile a roll of honour of enterprises that are nice to buy from (and return things to). A blacklist would also be useful, but more risky as possibly libelous?
    Last edited by Alexandra; 20-12-2010 at 03:22 PM.
    Begin afresh, afresh, afresh.

Re: Nice people to buy from

Can't speak highly enough of Likeys... have ordered various bits and bobs from them and they've always arrived promptly. Great customer service and always very approachable for advice over the phone... not bad for a short fat Welsh Man ;-)

Lakes Runner, Ambleside for me. Always get really good and friendly service and also great advice.

On top of that their postage is free so it doesn't matter where you live.

I always use them even though I live 170 miles away!

I'd highly recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Just returned an unwanted item to RACEKIT. I was a bit worried it might disappear into the Christmas post never to be seen again, but today I got a phonecall from Amanda to reassure me it had indeed arrived. Thoughtful AND personal service. The website is a cracking good read, and there is always someone able to offer really informed advice over the telephone.

I hope this won't get zapped as spam. I promise I have no financial or other relationship with Racekit, I'm just an impressed customer.

It would be interesting to compile a roll of honour of enterprises that are nice to buy from (and return things to). A blacklist would also be useful, but more risky as possibly libelous?
    Amanda and Andy are good mates of mine, Andy wrote a great article for the fellrunner about 2-3 years ago about racing the Icicerod(Bad Spelling) on foot. it was called off with him a day in front of the second place "runner" when temps dropped to -50!! And we think it's cold here. Amanda has done a few 100milers and did the BG last year.

Must admit had similiar positive experience from Racekit, forgot credit card when ordering and gave them number later. Amanda, posted item at her local post office, since had very good communication from them. Just a pity that Royal Mail has "stored" my microspikes in with the other undelivered parcels, still will be a safe bet snow will be on the ground when they eventually turn up

I bought a spiffing monocle from Darren at www.deadmensspex.com in September. Topping service, and I highly recommend him for all your vintage eyewear needs.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Pete Bland, Alpkit, Backpacking Light

Quote Originally Posted by jhb0510 View Post
    Pete Bland, Alpkit, Backpacking Light
    Yep, Pete Bland, Kendal for running and Wheelbase, Staveley for cycling and the roofbox company in Sedbergh for roofracks etc

Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post
    Can't speak highly enough of Likeys... have ordered various bits and bobs from them and they've always arrived promptly. Great customer service and always very approachable for advice over the phone... not bad for a short fat Welsh Man ;-)
    Just had to swap something for a different size and Martin of Likeys wouldn't accept payment for the additional postage. Top bloke. :thumbup:

Likeys is great. So is the Outdoor Warehouse.
    My biggest disappointment was field and trek due to not having an up to date stock list and waiting for ages for some kit that was needed for a race only to be sent an email days before that that item is not in stock.