Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Four Lakeland Passes LDWA

Re: Four Lakeland Passes LDWA

Quote Originally Posted by Hes View Post
    This is the Garmin record for the event in 2012 when Stolly and I ran with Stolly Junior Senior and her partner. It shows the official route if that's any help (apart from when I nipped off the track to answer the call of nature).
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/233401828
    It Must have been a hell of a twinkle

Time: 5:02:38
    Moving Time: 4:28:42
    Going to try again....

Re: Four Lakeland Passes LDWA

:thumbup: well spotted!
    Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    It Must have been a hell of a twinkle

Time: 5:02:38
    Moving Time: 4:28:42
    'The birds are the keepers of our secrets'

I'm doing this next month (although no longer an LDWA event, it's put on by a different event company now).

Looking at the stats, 19 miles and 5300ft climbing, would make it equivalent to an AL fell race wouldn't it? (minus going over the tops of course)

Tentatively looking at aiming for under 4 hours, based on a Borrowdale time of around 4:45....?

Looks a great natural route, and as mentioned on this thread previously, will be very interesting to be travelling up and over the passes, rather than the tops.

Just looked back at my training diary and I did this in 2011...!! I went round with the 'Noor, it was just a training run for both of us but he comfortably jogged ahead on the climbs and waited for me at the top of the passes, while I got round as quick as I could because I felt guilty for holding him up :-)

Seem to remember really enjoying the route although one or two sections were unpleasant underfoot at the time, down from Styhead wasn't great and I think some bits around Fleetwith. But it was a good event and nice to do a different take on an event than the usual summit bashing.

I did about 3:22, against a Borrowdale time of 3:35, if that helps you. I honestly can't remember whether we stopped to take advantage of the LDWA cakes enroute, but I remember the food at the end was very good. Hope the new organisers continue the theme :-)

Hey CBT, do you fancy heading up there again this year for it? you could show me round and you could be the one waiting at the top of every climb (or eating cakes).
    Quote Originally Posted by ChevinbyTorchlight View Post
    Just looked back at my training diary and I did this in 2011...!! I went round with the 'Noor, it was just a training run for both of us but he comfortably jogged ahead on the climbs and waited for me at the top of the passes, while I got round as quick as I could because I felt guilty for holding him up :-)

Seem to remember really enjoying the route although one or two sections were unpleasant underfoot at the time, down from Styhead wasn't great and I think some bits around Fleetwith. But it was a good event and nice to do a different take on an event than the usual summit bashing.

I did about 3:22, against a Borrowdale time of 3:35, if that helps you. I honestly can't remember whether we stopped to take advantage of the LDWA cakes enroute, but I remember the food at the end was very good. Hope the new organisers continue the theme :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ChevinbyTorchlight View Post

I did this in 2011 too CBT. It was a great route. Ben, you're only in it for the cakes.

what???? you RACED??? let's go back and do it - again for you! you can show me round old bean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez Hellewell View Post
    I did this in 2011 too CBT. It was a great route. Ben, you're only in it for the cakes.

I did the first Ascend Events version of it last year, having run it as a training run a couple of times (it's a good route to do when the weather keeps you off the tops). Definitely recommended; I added it into our club's championships for this year as it's good for less experienced runners too so I'll be there again.
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    what???? you RACED??? let's go back and do it - again for you! you can show me round old bean.
    Well, I wouldn't say I raced. I ran & enjoyed the scenery. The Rev made me drink a few pints of Guinness the night before, so I was a little sluggish.