Page 102 of 172 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1718

Thread: Haworth Hobble

Re: Haworth Hobble/Wuthering H

That's not you Sunny doing the heel click thing is it???

Wink Re: Haworth Hobble/Wuthering H

Quote Originally Posted by IWCharters View Post
    Few photos from the 2012 Hobble here

Thanks these pics are ace! Especially pleased to give the nice running tights (with a flower on) a name-Julie! I followed Julie right from the beginning and spent the following 7 hours having a "running" battle! i eventually finished about 1 minute ahead and put this down to 2 things 1) the large slug of whisky i downed in 1 at Mankinholes. 2) my friend Debbie totally beasting me up the last tarmac incline (even placing her hand on my rucksack firmly and refusing to give in to my pleas of "i just want to walk, please leave me")-glad to report we are now speaking!

Tracy

Some more pics and a race report here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1006311&type=1

Quote Originally Posted by AndyA View Post
    Cracking event; never done it before so a bit worried about route finding but it turned out ok, thanks to my wing men; Stevie Mc and Garmin 305!

We passed Wendy heading back up Stoney lane to CP4; heaven knows where she got to before she realised how lost she was?!

We entered this as a training event for the Fellsman so kept the pace down to 12min/mile, until coming out of Hardcastle crags area. Steve was having food problems (turns out too many gels not too few!) and told me to press on so I legged it. I must have passed 30 people before the finish but my feet were absolutely shredded coming off Top o'Stair; no x-talons next year!

Thanks to all the marshalls at the checkpoints; The hotdogs and doughnuts went down a treat, the whisky was superb. I can only hope that they treat us so well on the Fellsman.
    AndyA, I think we may have been running together around that time. If we were, nice to meet you.

Wendy, nice to chat to you afterwards and to find out to what extent you went off course. It was a long way - so frustrating I'll bet. You were going strong when you and Derby Tup on his miraculous comeback overtook me at the top of the stairs.

I don't know where to begin - so many memories rekindled, so many friends and so much friendship. What a massive turnout. Brett and his team did a fantastic job once again. Thank you.

I repeated last year's strategy of a hot dog and a doughnut for the road after the wind farm (invisible this year in the clag). This year was different though because it got chased down by the Jura whisky at Mankinholes. Great to meet you Mr B. You serve quality gear. The bottle was half full when I was there and I thought you'd be taking some home, but by the sound of it Tussockface finished off for you. :wink:

I was pleased with 6:21, which was only 1 minute slower than last year, considering I hadn't run a step for a month. The good news was that the busted toe had recovered sufficiently for the discomfort not to hold me back anymore. I think I'm back. :thumbup:

I only took a few pictures this time.

I repeated last year's strategy of a hot dog and a doughnut for the road after the wind farm (invisible this year in the clag). This year was different though because it got chased down by the Jura whisky at Mankinholes.
    I feel pretty lame now that I couldn't stomach the idea of hot dogs and whiskey in the middle of a race. I obviously need to up my game if I'm to have any future in this ultra-running business.

Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    Thanks Brett. Another good day out. Was initially disappointed to be slower than the last two years but hey ho, I'm older so it's OK right?
    Thanks to all the marshalls- the lady who let me have a hotdog without the bun, the tot of whiskey and the rest. Also to Clive for the drink when I really needed it.
    Nice to meet so many friends again and to have a chat. Now I know who you are Twinkletoes - I remember seeing you at The Hebden too. Rachel- brilliant time for you, well done, I could see you in the distance until Stoodley but could not keep it that way. Andy - your training is obviously paying off, I can no longer keep up. Obviously I need to train more.

Karen it was nice to meet you -albeit briefly - if I'd have stopped I wouldn't have got going again! I was dying to ask for a hotdog without the bun but thought it a bit cheeky so didn't bother - I'll remember for next time! If I can recover enough I might do the Calderdale Hike in April. Anyway, see you again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    I was pleased with 6:21, which was only 1 minute slower than last year, considering I hadn't run a step for a month. The good news was that the busted toe had recovered sufficiently for the discomfort not to hold me back anymore. I think I'm back. :thumbup:

I only took a few pictures this time.
    Hi Nick, thanks again for your company ... and the advice on the painkillers! they worked a treat. `twas this, and only this, that allowed me to claw you back!!:wink:
    "I've never seen the like ...."

http://mike-viewfromtherear.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    Thanks Ian- have pinched that photo- hope you don't mind
    Nice to chat again
    Good to see you again and in more pleasant conditions than the middle of the Winter Hill race. Drop me a pm with your email address if you want a copy without my copyright.

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    The bottle was half full when I was there and I thought you'd be taking some home, but by the sound of it Tussockface finished off for you. :wink:
    Oi! I didn't have half a bottle, you know! I'd like to scotch that rumour.
    "Get yourself together, Jones" - Ray Davies

Hi Sunnysideup - glad I could help out with a gel (I'd already had to down two on the way into Hebden and they seemed to revive me for a little while). Hope your knee and toe are feeling a bit better. The aches in my legs have faded enough for me to be thinking about next year's Hobble (and possibly even the Calderdale Hike in a couple of weeks!) Hope to catch up with you and Becca at other races in the future!
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysideup View Post
    You must be the kind man who took pity on me and offered me one of your gels! Thanks for that! I must have looked a state! I tripped at the beginning on the Bronte track grazing my hand and knocking my big toe and knee. Got home to find a rather swollen knee and hammer head toe! I told Brett after the race to never accept an entry from me again! I'm sure I will do it again when the memory of it fades.

Becca was my partner and she certainly put me through it.......all I saw of her was her back end or her face turning around swearing at me to get a move on! She is training hard at the moment though......that's my excuse anyway.

Thanks to the marshalls and halpers at the school!