Page 104 of 172 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1718

Thread: Haworth Hobble

Re: Haworth Hobble/Wuthering H

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    March 9 - second Sat in Mar.

Entry forms available in Jan

Think it's number 11 for me
    Excellent! count me in .... First did this in 2009 ... longest I'd been since a road half two years earlier , 2013 will see my 5th Hobble and I've loved `em all ... many thanks to you all that helped make it so
    "I've never seen the like ...."

http://mike-viewfromtherear.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by brett View Post
    March 9 - second Sat in Mar.

Entry forms available in Jan

Think it's number 11 for me
    Awesome. A nice warmup for the Barcelona marathon then!
    Run today, for you might not be able tomorrow.

Entry form in the post now. Not done this one before so it'll be a nice treat on my birthday and make up for missing out on the Hebden this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    Entry form in the post now. Not done this one before so it'll be a nice treat on my birthday and make up for missing out on the Hebden this weekend.
    It's a great course, Pilgrim. Hope you enjoy it.

Enjoy, all who are doing it. Sadly I won't be able to make it this year as I'll be away on business.

Quote Originally Posted by BritNick View Post
    Enjoy, all who are doing it. Sadly I won't be able to make it this year as I'll be away on business.
    Sorry you won't make the grand slam this year Nick. Hope to see you at some of the other ultras though.

I got my number back for the Hobble yesterday - number 32, so must have got my entry in pretty early.
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

I was hanging on till I found out the date of the Black Combe race as it wasn't in the fixtures calendar but just found it on the FRA home site March 2nd so no clash and I can do the Hobble this year :thumbup:
    No country for old men.

As this will be our first Hobble, and the first long distance race I am doing in the UK, I have some questions regarding the equipment. Could you please tell me if, in a team of 2, both of us need a copy of the OS Map? Also, I was planning to take with me a Goretex cycling jacket that I also currently take with me as an emergency jacket for long runs. However, I normally don't carry waterproof trousers and the pair I have are quite heavy (more suitable for hiking). Obviously, if the weather is at risk of being as bad as it is at the moment, I would carry them, but does the mandatory "full waterproof body cover" require waterproof trousers, or would a waterproof jacket (and possibly a safety blanket) be sufficient?

Thank you very much!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Till View Post
    As this will be our first Hobble, and the first long distance race I am doing in the UK, I have some questions regarding the equipment. Could you please tell me if, in a team of 2, both of us need a copy of the OS Map? Also, I was planning to take with me a Goretex cycling jacket that I also currently take with me as an emergency jacket for long runs. However, I normally don't carry waterproof trousers and the pair I have are quite heavy (more suitable for hiking). Obviously, if the weather is at risk of being as bad as it is at the moment, I would carry them, but does the mandatory "full waterproof body cover" require waterproof trousers, or would a waterproof jacket (and possibly a safety blanket) be sufficient?

Thank you very much!
    Till, go to Yeomans and get a pair of cheap and lightweight waterproof trousers like these and take them with you whatever the weather's like
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Till View Post

Thank you very much!
    A definite yes to the full body cover meaning waterproof trousers as well as a jacket. On the OS Map one between two sounds sufficient but you could always check with the organisers.