Page 145 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1718

Thread: Haworth Hobble

I turned right at the cross road first but knew was wrong so waited and let the guys behind take the lead, they were sneaky though didn't shout for me ;-). Then I just followed them to the checkpoint. Here's the path I followed. I got 31.62 miles but 4700ft .
    Attached Images Attached Images

_|_
    ./\.

Cracking race, really well organised and fantastic scenery!

Really enjoyed the whole experience and felt it was a great introduction to ultra running.

I clocked it at 5.29 on my GPS watch, exactly 10 mins less than the official time, which is interesting! Might need to recalibrate my watch.

Looking forward to doing it again next year!

Quote Originally Posted by Adnan Khan View Post
    I turned right at the cross road first but knew was wrong so waited and let the guys behind take the lead, they were sneaky though didn't shout for me ;-). Then I just followed them to the checkpoint. Here's the path I followed. I got 31.62 miles but 4700ft .
    That looks spot on to me.

Dan

might it be the old "moving time" vs time elapsed chestnut? Strava took 6 minutes off my Garmin and official time on that basis.

Quote Originally Posted by ukhursty View Post
    Cracking race, really well organised and fantastic scenery!

Really enjoyed the whole experience and felt it was a great introduction to ultra running.

I clocked it at 5.29 on my GPS watch, exactly 10 mins less than the official time, which is interesting! Might need to recalibrate my watch.

Looking forward to doing it again next year!

Ben I did try to find you to buy you a cake or too! I asked several people to help me, sorry. you finished only a bit ahead of me too

thanks Karen and no worries. I didn't realise at the time but I think I was chatting to you on the steps up out of hebden bridge. I hung around for a bit afterwards but then shot off getting a lift with my clubmates. i'll recognise you next time!

Quote Originally Posted by karen nash View Post
    Ben I did try to find you to buy you a cake or too! I asked several people to help me, sorry. you finished only a bit ahead of me too

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post
    thanks Karen and no worries. I didn't realise at the time but I think I was chatting to you on the steps up out of hebden bridge. I hung around for a bit afterwards but then shot off getting a lift with my clubmates. i'll recognise you next time!
    You need to be getting to bed earlier than this Ben when you're running with me in the morning.

My fourth consecutive year for the Hobblinhike, Was great to catch u
    p with so many running mates and forumites. I was flying until 10 miles when I suddenly pulled my calf, 22 miles of sufferfest later I managed to finish 5 mins short of my PB so well chuffed. I'll be back.

If anyone else has been having trouble accessing the Haworth Hobble website, I've also put a copy of the entry form up on the Hobble page of the Runfurther.com website. Thanks to Nick Ham for forwarding the form to me! Brett says they're working on fixing the problem.
    Last edited by Splatcher; 12-01-2016 at 06:18 PM.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Glad to be of service, Andy. I didn't seem to have a problem when I accessed the site so my entry's already in. Really looking forward to it as usual.

This will be the first year when The Hobble won't be my first Ultra of the year. I will already have been 'broken in' by the High Peak Marathon on the previous weekend. I'm hoping the removal of "in" won't be appropriate come the time.