Page 158 of 172 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1718

Thread: Haworth Hobble

Super Moderator
    Seeing the above I've down-graded my expectation to second Moderator on Saturday
    Poacher turned game-keeper

no doubt. a couple of others that jumped out were Andrew Fallas and Andrew Horrobin.
    Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    It'll be even more stacked than that. I imagine there's even more names on the list that you haven't recognised as they're more specific trail runners, as the Hobble is the trial race for the GB team at the ultra trail world championships

James Scott-Buccleuch from Stockport is an interesting one. 2:29 Marathon, 69 half and 53min 10miler. Will he transfer to the trails?
    Nic Barber. Downhill Dandy

yikes, that is fast. my guess is it will transfer well enough for him to be challenging at the front. it is only 32 miles; it's not like it's a 50 or 100 miler where some of the others, like Andrew Horrobin (Helm Hill) come into their own. But equally I think the strong fell runners who can do distance, like the CVFR guys, have a good blend of speed and endurance over this type of distance and mixed terrain.

should say the women's race will be good too - Jo Buckley, Sally Fawcett, Jane McCarthy, others too I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ba-ba View Post
    James Scott-Buccleuch from Stockport is an interesting one. 2:29 Marathon, 69 half and 53min 10miler. Will he transfer to the trails?

Quote Originally Posted by benshep View Post

should say the women's race will be good too - Jo Buckley, Sally Fawcett, Jane McCarthy, others too I'm sure.
    plus Katie Kaars Sijpesteijn, Tracey Dean, Sabrina Verjee, Helen Price, Sarah Ridgway - the women's race looks really strong.
    The land at the end of our toes goes on and on and on.

There will be donuts and some other new and exciting things to fill your face with

Oh, and home made carrot and coriander soup at Stoney Lane

Someone's got to do it, I suppose. Thanks Brett.
    Also still injecting a blob of jam into those donuts?

We'll keep you as a solo team

Quote Originally Posted by dantodman View Post
    One more space available, my partner as pulled out. Can i just change to a single entry please Brett.

Dan Taylor

it is only 32 miles
    I'll remember this when I'm getting tired after about 17 miles. It's only 32 miles!!

I recall hitting 'the wall' last year around 18 miles in. I guess it's the comparative ease of the first half of the race, followed by the climb out of Todmorden, then the climb out of Hebden Brodge, followed by the big down and up after Heptonstall.

Fantastic race and a tactical nightmare. Hoping to get under 6 hours this year. Do I pace myself and hope I'm a lot quicker over the last 7 miles this year? Or do I push the pace a little so I don't find myself too far behind last year's time by the time I get round to Heptonstall? Do I just go for broke again and hope I've improved sufficiently on last year to keep the pace up for longer?

I strongly suspect I won't be attracting the attention of the GB selectors.

is Carol racing too? mind you, I suppose it's a bit too short for Carol nowadays. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoF View Post
    plus Katie Kaars Sijpesteijn, Tracey Dean, Sabrina Verjee, Helen Price, Sarah Ridgway - the women's race looks really strong.