Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Mynd Valleys

....it's all downhill from here.

Master
    Within sight of Leicestershire's Beacon Hill
    At least both Travs and MrRTS beat Ann-Marie Jones, which is an achievement I've never managed.
    In his lifetime he suffered from unreality, as do so many Englishmen.
    Jorge Luis Borges

Quote Originally Posted by RaceTheSweeper View Post
    Super running everyone. MrRTS was gutted for you going wrong at the end Travs! He said you deserved the win of him today. Although, he said thanks for the tip of the line to take up yearlet for next year. He was happy with just a min slower than the Champs race last year and he felt a lot better going up Yearlet than last year too. No jelly legs coming off. Brilliant race and good conditions. His entry into the Ben is on the list to be vetted. I had his entry in by 12:07 and he fits all the criteria so he should be in. As he said though "you just never know" Race 45 of his 50@50 TICK!!!

Thanks for the kind words.... but fair and square, Nigel deserved his "victory" as he was concentrating at the end... maybe next time, although I don't fancy my chances at Edale Skyline, your home turf! Maybe we'll have a showdown at Buttermere Horseshoe....!

Quote Originally Posted by Travs View Post
    Thanks for the kind words.... but fair and square, Nigel deserved his "victory" as he was concentrating at the end... maybe next time, although I don't fancy my chances at Edale Skyline, your home turf! Maybe we'll have a showdown at Buttermere Horseshoe....!
    Love it a bit of friendly competition! He said if you are free on the Saturday 17th 10am for recce of the second half Edale Skyline? Mam Tor to Edale? He is taking one of our Buxton Lasses round. You are more than welcome to join them :-)

Thanks for the offer, very kind of you... unfortunately i'll be in London on both the 17th & 24th, so can't make it.

Sorry Pete, that was me in the Mercia vest and you're absolutely right, I wasn't the best person to follow. I live down south in Hungerford and rarely actually run up in Shropshire with Mercia sadly, and as that was only my second run of LMV, I wasn't much use I admit.

I also kicked myself afterwards for not pulling out the map - until I did in the café afterwards, and found I had the old route to the finish shown on (an old Harvey map), and so it wouldn't have been a lot of use anyway!!

Was a great race and a fantastic day in the hills though

Ed

Hi Ed...

No problem at all. I'm blaming nobody but myself, I've done the race 3 times now so I should have known where I was going!

Good running though, you took the honours on our little sprint finish down the final descent, although if the little uphill to the llne had been a little longer, it might have been a photo-finish.

And I must apologise for leading you through that ravine to get back on track. in hindsight we would have been much better just retracing our steps and running a couple of hundred yards up the road!

Good running throughout, I think we were pretty much together for about half the race, me pulling away on the hills but you running much better on the flat and downhills.

Pete

Looking forward to this on sunday. Must rank as one of the toughest final few miles in any race.

Bringing my new clubmate and international world mountain runner over for this one. He knocked out a 10km cross-country in 33mins the other week, so if he can stay on the route, and not blow up on the final few climbs, has potential to be chasing the front-runners down.

Looking forwards to hearing what he makes of it. Me, I'm scarred for life!!
    Simon Blease
    Monmouth

To be fair to him, he did the OMM last autumn so he should know the score. I doubt there's more than a handful on the start-list who would be able to stay with him on the flat, and he's an absolute beast on runnable climbs. Just a case of can he handle the steep, slippy and awkward parts.

He's doing the league XC the day before as well so he'll have a sub-35 10km in his legs. I'm letting the side down and staying fresh for this.