Thread: Crohn's

Crohn's

Bloody narking me off at the moment, had a flare on friday night and now massively sore all through my midsection. Just wanted to rant

Re: Crohn's

I hope you feel better soon Rob. A very good mate of mine has had Crohn's for about 20 years and has managed it really well, despite some bad patches.

Cheers Alf

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Rob View Post
    Bloody narking me off at the moment, had a flare on friday night and now massively sore all through my midsection. Just wanted to rant
    Understandable. I haven't looked lately to see if there's been any progress on treatment with worms or stool transplant. I assume you've heard of these?

I'm on fancy meds anyway that seem to control it pretty well but just had a rough week, thanks anyway though. Stool transplant? :w00t:

Mate's wife has Crohn's not very pleasant. Thing that suprised me is that she has to pay for prescriptions. I have an under active thyroid that doesn't give me much if any grief and i get them free, doesn't seem fair, they're both incurable.
    Best Wishes Rob hope the bad patch passes:wink:
    Hills and Guinness!

I'm lucky Steve, the meds I take are funded so I don't pay for them. I did used to pay for the steroids etc. before and found a prepayment card saved me a great deal (especially if you time your prescriptions well and also make sure your gp does you prescriptions for any other ailment that requires meds such as paracetamol and ibruprofen etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by stevefoster View Post
    Mate's wife has Crohn's not very pleasant. Thing that suprised me is that she has to pay for prescriptions. I have an under active thyroid that doesn't give me much if any grief and i get them free, doesn't seem fair, they're both incurable.
    The list of chronic conditions which qualify for free prescriptions was set in 1968 and has not been revised since so there are many anomalies. I believe the list was due for review but this has been delayed by the ConDems. Prescriptions for cancer treatments only became free of charge in April 2009.

Of course, all this only applies in England as there are no prescription charges in Wales and Northern Ireland and will be none in Scotland either from this coming April. Fair?