Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: walshes

Smile walshes

any views walsh trail shoes ???

Re: walshes

Fairly happy with mine! Grip's pretty good (although perhaps not quite as good as fell runner ones but will probably last longer). Nice fit, nice price...

Posted this in the Mudclaw 272 thread, but probably better here. I bought Mrs STL a pair of the Spirit Lites for Christmas (I know that is a really romantic gesture). She has had a couple of runs. Her opinion is these are the most comfortable and best fitting off road shoe she has had (previous include montrail highlanders, x-talons and slate/orange 330s). She was impressed with the grip and I think with the comfort of the fit gave her more confidence on the descents.
    Last edited by second to last; 11-01-2011 at 08:16 PM.

I've not run in them yet but tried them on in the shop and have decided these are definitely my next trail shoes when the current ones wear out.

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post

Love 'em but my new pair are rubbing like mad on the top of my toes. There's blood and blisters every time I run.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

I've got a pair of Spirit Peaks and love 'em to bits. I didn't expect them to grip as well as they do.
    I came down from the Great Whernside summit in last years race like a man possessed and expected to go arse over tit but they gripped all the way. My Garmin showed me doing 13mph on a steep grass banking down to the finish and they gripped well.
    They are very comfy and I'll definitely be investing in another pair when I've killed these off. That might be in a while as they don't wear anywhere near as fast as a pair of Roclites I used to use.

Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Previous thread on this shoe http://forum.fellrunner.org.uk/showt...45-New-Walshes

I've got a pair to replace my Highlanders, did a double three peaks over a weekend in them straight from the box, very comfortable but a bit clumpy, Personally I would have liked a slightly more agressive sole but they are a trail shoe not a fell shoe. Found them a bit slippy on lakeland rock when wet and the footbed has had a tendency to slip slghtly.
    Build quality though is very good. already out performed all my other shoes Except the highlander which lets be honest are indestructable, I fear future generations will find Highlanders every where long after plastic bags, tab ends and chewing gum have rotted away

You must not run hard enough Ian. I've had 2 pairs of highlanders and they were fantastic trail shoes. They did last longer than inov 8's which aren't worth the dosh, mainly because the uppers destroy. I did manage to destroy both pairs of highlanders eventually. Like the look of those walshes though

Quote Originally Posted by Danbert Nocurry View Post
    Love 'em but my new pair are rubbing like mad on the top of my toes. There's blood and blisters every time I run.
    I think they good apart from rubbing the tops of my toes when they get wet. They only way to wear them is to tape my my feet first. The reinforced bit with the lace eyelets do the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by IWCharters View Post
    The reinforced bit with the lace eyelets do the damage.
    That's the problem described perfectly IW
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There