Thread: BG vs UTMB-CCC times

BG vs UTMB-CCC times

I'm trying to get an idea of what my time for BG round is likely to be based on my UTMB-CCC time of 16h40m. It's similar distance, but only ~2/3 the elevation gain and probably less technical. If you have done both, what were your times? Thanks.

Re: BG vs UTMB-CCC times

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Kaiser View Post
    If you have done both, what were your times?
    Nick, there are some on here who have done both and I hope they can help.

I'm less help. My BG time in 1985 in foul weather was 23.50. My CCC time last year (25 years later) was 19.28 in foul weather but I was stopped at Vallorcine.

The CCC isn't "probably less technical". It is way less technical; some of that Lakes ground in poor weather is very taxing particularly leg 4 going clockwise. The only problem I find with the alpine trails in poor weather is the mess those in front make for those behind. A problem for me, less of one for you!

Hope some better comparative data turns up.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.

Hi Nick,

I believe the BG is a lot harder than the CCC, it is more like the UTMB. I completed the CCC in 2004 in 20:30 hrs (first endurance race) and last September I managed to complete the BG in 22:30 Hours. The paths on the CCC are very simple in comparison to the BG so a tip is to get your ankles fit for this tough tarrain. I am attempting the UTMB this year but more than happy to help you on the BG so please let me know if you need assistance.

Best of luck Nick

Tom

I ran the first CCC IN 2006 ran a time of just under 12 hours. my best time for the UTMB is around 32 hours and the BG at around 22.5.For me.I dont think you can really compare the two as BG is a challenge and the UTMB & CCC are races,completly different animals but all great fun