Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Cramp!

Re: Cramp

Lots and lots of fluids!

I cant say im a fan of cramp either, get it all the time in the most wierd places - got it in my hamstring paintalling yesturday

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fowler View Post
    Lots and lots of fluids!

I cant say im a fan of cramp either, get it all the time in the most wierd places - got it in my hamstring paintalling yesturday
    I will translate: got it in my hamstring paintballing yesterday
    That's not a weird place Al, i once got in my eyelash and earlobe
    Hills and Guinness!

[QUOTE=Al Fowler;205525]Lots and lots of fluids!
    QUOTE]

Very debatable. Lots and lots of fluids will actually lower your plasma sodium level, even if that fluid is an electrolyte solution. Adequate fluid replacement for the conditions and length of exercise activity would be more logical.

Quote Originally Posted by merrylegs View Post
    I will translate: got it in my hamstring paintballing yesterday
    That's not a weird place Al, i once got in my eyelash and earlobe
    Thankyou merry for the translation.

I know its not wierd getting it in the 'hams', but i thought getting it when paintballing was wierd. Ive had it under my jaw and that wasnt very nice, but eyelash and earlobe is something i dont want to try!

Is the general consensus the cramp is caused by dehydration?

It occurred to me that my cramp did get worse at about the time I began on a string of antibiotics - the instructions were to drink lots of water. Maybe I didn't drink enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Stef F View Post
    Is the general consensus the cramp is caused by dehydration?

It occurred to me that my cramp did get worse at about the time I began on a string of antibiotics - the instructions were to drink lots of water. Maybe I didn't drink enough.
    I'm on the tonic water side of the fence....seems to work for me Stef and I do have an awful lot of salt on food so use this as an excuse to justify it!

I think yes it does have something to do with dehyration, I know the times I've suffered with it most are on the hotter days

Master and MR

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post
    I'm on the tonic water side of the fence....seems to work for me Stef and I do have an awful lot of salt on food so use this as an excuse to justify it!

I think yes it does have something to do with dehyration, I know the times I've suffered with it most are on the hotter days

not much salt
    ive just fell off my seat

Quote Originally Posted by emmilou View Post

Hi Emma

I only generally use salt on tomatoes, eggs and chips. I don't put any in my cooking unless it's tomato based eg spagh bol.

It's definitely worth trying the tonic - shame it tastes so bad!

Stef

Quote Originally Posted by daz h View Post
    not much salt
    ive just fell off my seat
    EH?? I said I have far too MUCH salt.....you lost your contact lenses again?

Quote Originally Posted by Stef F View Post
    Hi Emma

I only generally use salt on tomatoes, eggs and chips. I don't put any in my cooking unless it's tomato based eg spagh bol.

It's definitely worth trying the tonic - shame it tastes so bad!

Stef
    I actually really like the taste of it so I suppose that helps.... certainly worth a try nothing ventured I suppose. I tend to drink a whole litre bottle the night before a long race at least although I also have to admit that I haven't been doing that recently as have been doing calf strengthening exercises alongside the training.....I'm guessing your cramp is in the calf (apologies not read back to the first post to refresh my mind) I've found as the muscles are getting stronger and bigger the cramp issues have reduced dramatically....not sure if this is co-incidence or not as am no sports pys..phys....fizzition!!