Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Inov8 Bare Grip

Re: Inov8 Bare Grip

Quote Originally Posted by AndyA View Post
    .Interesting that the review twice mentioned that the descending grip is not as good as the mudclaw sole, something I noticed on the x talons. I wonder why inov8 didn't put the mudclaw sole on this shoe, (and on the x talon for that matter), at least in the heel area. That would have made it perfect IMHO.
    My thoughts exactly Andy, i find the Xtalon sole very poor on steep wet grass and mud, which has put me off the Baregrip...ill stick with the mudclaws hopefully sometime soonish Inov8 will make a lighter weight mudclaw one arrow around 200-250g would be perfect.
    I ran and ran until my Muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid, ....And then i ran some more.

They look gnarly as!

On looks alone I want a pair.

.Interesting that the review twice mentioned that the descending grip is not as good as the mudclaw sole, something I noticed on the x talons. I wonder why inov8 didn't put the mudclaw sole on this shoe, (and on the x talon for that matter), at least in the heel area. That would have made it perfect IMHO.
    I didn't realise it wasn't a mudclaw sole. I thought that was the whole point - the mudclaw grip with the minimalist feel. I'm glad now that I havent ordered a pair as my X Talons but 330's if it's really wet will have to remian the combination. I love the X talons but they haven't got the grip on those descents of my mudclaws.

Just got my mitts on a pair.... only one run so far but very impressed. Usually run in X-Talons off-road, Mudclaw 333's when it's filthy and f-lites on-road and occasional forays in FiveFingers off road when it's dry....

No problem at all with grip, in fact, the grip and stability were the two things that immediately impressed. I'd say easily on a par with the Mudclaws on wet grass/mud and better on wet rock. The sole is extremely aggressive and sticky but, the biggest contributing factor to the grip IMO, is that, without a midsole it's completely flexible and deforms to mould around trail features. This is a bit like running tubeless mtb tyres at low pressure maximising tread contact with ground.

Will come back with more thoughts after a week or so and a full review on my website soon.

The Bare Grips look great but I wish Inov8 had used the same material for the uppers as they did on the X Talons. The X Talon material is so much more durable.

Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post
    Just got my mitts on a pair.... only one run so far but very impressed. Usually run in X-Talons off-road, Mudclaw 333's when it's filthy and f-lites on-road and occasional forays in FiveFingers off road when it's dry....

No problem at all with grip, in fact, the grip and stability were the two things that immediately impressed. I'd say easily on a par with the Mudclaws on wet grass/mud and better on wet rock. The sole is extremely aggressive and sticky but, the biggest contributing factor to the grip IMO, is that, without a midsole it's completely flexible and deforms to mould around trail features. This is a bit like running tubeless mtb tyres at low pressure maximising tread contact with ground.

Will come back with more thoughts after a week or so and a full review on my website soon.
    That swings me back the other way! I just need to get my hands on a pair.

Just seen these on eBay, item No 250778647144.

Found these a bit of a disappointment. They're so narrow, about a centimetre narrower than my x-talons 212. Otherwise they look like a really good shoe but just not for my wide-ish feet. Sending them straight back.

Quote Originally Posted by overthecrowroad View Post
    Found these a bit of a disappointment. They're so narrow, about a centimetre narrower than my x-talons 212. Otherwise they look like a really good shoe but just not for my wide-ish feet. Sending them straight back.
    Ah, the miracle of mail order; keeping posties in work all over the world!

The one guy I saw who had obviously copped a massive fall at Long Mynd (he was half brown, right down the middle, including right down the middle of his face) was wearing...........Bare Grips.
    The only one who can tell you "You can't" is you. And you don't have to listen.