Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heptonstall Fell Race Recce

Heptonstall Fell Race Recce

Where; White Lion Heptonstall
    When; SUNDAY,6th MARCH 08.45 for 09.00 start.
    Parking - careful restricted area is marked by signs not yellow lines - best to park at top of village after the school - or at Bowling Club (follow P signs)
    YOU CAN LEAVE BAG WITH WARM GEAR AND TOWEL IN STORE ROOM AT THE PUB (no need to go back to car)
    There will be free soup and a roaring fire at the pub at the end (all runners due back before 12.00).
    Whats the route? Faster group will aim to do full 15 mile loop, a steady group will do first 8-10 miles with various bail out options through Hardcastle Craggs.
    Check out how to get to the piub and full route on www.heptonstallfellrace.org .uk (pdfs).
    CAREFUL WHERE YOU PARK (see other strand on races)
    See you there??
    Last edited by Trig; 14-02-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Re: Heptonstall Fell Race Recc

ANYONE FOR MORE FREE SOUP?????
    5th of Feb was a big success - see plan above - more free soup is back on the menu - anyone up for another weekend recce of www.heptonstallfellrace.org.uk with free soup just pop a post - pub will be happy to host if pack can be organised - local runners can guide if required.
    Oh by the way anyone got a decent altimeter? Garmins are giving the ascent at anything between 3200 and 3700 feet. Would be good to nail it down.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    ANYONE FOR MORE FREE SOUP?????
    5th of Feb was a big success - see plan above - more free soup is back on the menu - anyone up for another weekend recce of www.heptonstallfellrace.org.uk with free soup just pop a post - pub will be happy to host if pack can be organised - local runners can guide if required.
    Oh by the way anyone got a decent altimeter? Garmins are giving the ascent at anything between 3200 and 3700 feet. Would be good to nail it down.
    "MORE FREE SOUP" IS LIKELY TO BE ON 6th MARCH - JUST NEED TO GAUGE NUMBERS - LET ME KNOW IF YOU'RE UP FOR IT (same plan as above)

I'm up for it. I've posted it on Claytons BB, hopefully should get some interest from there.

Could you post on here when you have a date please, I'd be interested in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme78 View Post
    Could you post on here when you have a date please, I'd be interested in that one.
    Will do Graeme - Feb 5th Soup Run was a good social - would be great to do another - chatting to a few Troggers yesterday (Clayton / Trawden / CVFR) seemed like 6th March is the favourite - pencil it in and I will keep posting updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    "MORE FREE SOUP" IS LIKELY TO BE ON 6th MARCH - JUST NEED TO GAUGE NUMBERS - LET ME KNOW IF YOU'RE UP FOR IT (same plan as above)
    Looks like I'm going to miss it again. I was doing Rombalds the day of the last recce and I'm doing the Trollers Trot the weekend of the latest one. Any plans to do a recce any other days?

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Retriever View Post
    Looks like I'm going to miss it again. I was doing Rombalds the day of the last recce and I'm doing the Trollers Trot the weekend of the latest one. Any plans to do a recce any other days?
    I'm in the same situation, I've entered troller's trot too.
    Anybody fancy a turn around it on the 26th of Feb?

I'm away next 2 weekends but we have around 15 CVFR/Tod runners involved in planning HFR - pretty sure a few guides could be found for most weekends including 26th Feb (will get that confirmed) - either way Barry at the White Lion would be happy to do you the Free Soup / roaring fire on any date (if a decent bunch are up for it).
    Noonstone is 26th - if you did Sunday 27th some of the Toddies who had to Marshall Noonstone may want to get a run in with you?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyA View Post
    I'm up for it. I've posted it on Claytons BB, hopefully should get some interest from there.
    A

Andy = also had some interest from Trawden - hope you don't mind your local rivals getting in on the free soup too!! Lets plough on with Sunday 6th March and see whose up for it - I'm sure there 'll be enough for a good day out. Here's the suggested plan;

Where; White Lion Heptonstall
    When; SUNDAY,6th MARCH 08.45 for 09.00 start.
    Parking - careful restricted area is marked by signs not yellow lines - best to park at top of village after the school - or at Bowling Club (follow P signs)
    YOU CAN LEAVE BAG WITH WARM GEAR AND TOWEL IN STORE ROOM AT THE PUB (no need to go back to car)
    There will be free soup and a roaring fire at the pub at the end (all runners due back before 12.30).
    Whats the route? Faster group will aim to do full 15 mile loop, a steady group will do first 8-10 miles with various bail out options through Hardcastle Craggs.
    Check out how to get to the piub and full route on www.heptonstallfellrace.org .uk (pdfs).
    CAREFUL WHERE YOU PARK (see other strand on races)