Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Countryfile

Countryfile

I might have missed this else where on the forum, but Countryfile tonight (20.02.11) is well worth a watch. Well its worth watching every week but this week had a great report on the Pennine Bridle Way. Even showed people closing gates which was very topical!!!
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Re: Countryfile

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I might have missed this else where on the forum, but Countryfile tonight (20.02.11) is well worth a watch. Well its worth watching every week but this week had a great report on the Pennine Bridle Way. Even showed people closing gates which was very topical!!!

Thought exactly the same thing whilst watching it.
    To the Regiment - I Wish I Was There

Did it show people other than runners leaving them open??

Senior Member pauljonesforengland's Avatar

Yeah - one lazy horserider got a mountain biker to do it - unbelieavable!
    When in doubt, brew up.

He got the mountain biker to open and close the gate for him. No gates were left open!!!
    @roadrunneraj #gohardorgohome

Master

Generally I enjoy Countryfile but last week's segment on Foot and Mouth was one of the most confused bits of reporting I have seen on the BBC - could not work out what was reconstruction, what was conjecture, nor whether were we looking at the old outbreak or a future one - and the point of the segment - what would we do if Foot and Mouth returned now - went largely unanswered. Yes, this week's gate closing sequences were bound to attract comment.
    Last edited by Mike T; 21-02-2011 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Capitals

A grumpy old man speaks:
    I've given up with Countryfile until they get some decent presenters. I grew out of Blue Peter many years ago, Julia Bradbury just annoys me, and the less said about John Craven the better. The ITV version is better, I think. Paul Heiney (or however you spell it) is a lot better than any of the BBC presenters in my view - he sounds like he actually cares about what he's talking about.
    Andy Robinson
    Runfurther committee member
    Helsby Running Club

Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    A grumpy old man speaks:
    I've given up with Countryfile until they get some decent presenters. I grew out of Blue Peter many years ago,
    The next weeks program includes making a Christmas tree out of coat hangers and loo rolls.......

Quote Originally Posted by Splatcher View Post
    A grumpy old man speaks:
    I've given up with Countryfile until they get some decent presenters......Julia Bradbury just annoys me....
    Can't bear Julia bloody Bradbury :angry: The sight of her in the beautiful countryside in her stupid designer gear flirting with any bloke within a five mile radius annoys the hell out of me and should be reserved for trash TV not programmes about the countryside. At least Matt actually has a working farm and comes from a working farm background..........grumble grumble grumble :wink:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Flopsy View Post
    Can't bear Julia bloody Bradbury :angry: The sight of her in the beautiful countryside in her stupid designer gear flirting with any bloke within a five mile radius annoys the hell out of me and should be reserved for trash TV not programmes about the countryside. At least Matt actually has a working farm and comes from a working farm background..........grumble grumble grumble :wink:
    I think it would have been nice of MATT to say Please when asking the Mountain biker to open the gate and Thank you when the same Mountain biker closed the gate for him,

I have to say that on the whole true outdoor Pursuit folk are well mannered, unlike TV presenters who just seem to be to full of themselves./
    The older I get the Faster I was