Thread: Ilkley Trail Race

Ilkley Trail Race

is on Monday 26th at 11.30am - weather forecast looking good

Still time to save a bit of cash and enter on-line - also entries taken on the day

Details... http://www.ilkleyharriers.co.uk/index.php?page=trail

Prizes in each category from V40 - V70 and team prize (men 4 and ladies 3 to count) plus U23 prizes.

T shirt memento for all finishers - proceeds to an orphanage and school in Uganda

Cheers

L

Awesome run by Tom Adams today to win the race for the sixth time and smash his own course record by 39 seconds nearly six minutes ahead of Gareth Hird. Hannah Oldroyd won the ladies in 49.35 from Rebecca Cear Desa and Aiveen Smith with 276 finishers. Provisional results on http://www.woodentops.org.uk/ photos on this website later along with juniors.

Normanton, Wakefield. West Riding of Yorkshire
    I had a pre-entry for this, but felt a bit 'off' when I got up, so very sadly decided not to go

Still regretting it
    Generally to be found plodding along with 'www.ackworthroadrunnersandac.co.uk'

Well that was fast and furious today, perfect racing conditions - for road-runners! Seriously, a great race so thanks again to Lawrence & all his helpers. Great support on the course and in the finish field.

Terry lonergan's pics already on facebook, https://www.facebook.com/terry.lonergan.7?fref=photo no doubt Woodentops pics to follow.

Another local race i've never done so i'm going over on friday. Normally i'd be looking for top 25 overall top 10 V40 in this, but that would have been pre-covid so i'm just going to have to see what happens. Over 200 entries left so i'll eod.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Not many usable descents on this, struggled on the climbs and set off too fast. I was half expecting to see Graham Breeze out on the course, shouting encouragement from the saddle of a bike with a red wine hangover. Went the wrong way in the woods on the way back and basically put in a bit of a poor show.
    Luke Appleyard (Wharfedale)- quick on the dissent

Quote Originally Posted by mr brightside View Post
    I was half expecting to see Graham Breeze out on the course, shouting encouragement from the saddle of a bike with a red wine hangover.
    Well that was a possibility but the Ilkley Trail race is a very contrived event with a peculiar mixture of surfaces and with it clashing with the LDWA 100 miles Trans-Pennine walk, taking in Black Hill, Mam Tor, Stanage Edge...well no contest really?
    Last edited by Graham Breeze; 04-06-2022 at 08:57 AM.
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Breeze View Post
    Well that was a possibility but the Ilkley Trail race is a very contrived event with a peculiar mixture of surfaces and with it clashing with the LDWA 100 miles Trans-Pennine walk, taking in Black Hill, Mam Tor, Stanage Edge...well no contest really?
    And Wharfedale 1/2 Trail Marathon on Saturday which is nearly a fell race, and a fine day out.