Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Montane Waterproof Jacket

Montane Waterproof Jacket

I have been looking at the Montane Atomic DT 2.0 and the Montane Lite-Speed H2O jackets.

Clearly the Atomic is a better jacket but the H2O is really light and perfect for what I am looking for.

I am struggling to find any online in a size Medium though. It always seems to be the right colour but the wrong size or visa-versa...
    :angry:

If anyone else has any recommendations I would appreciate it or if anyone comes across any online could they give me a shout please?

Re: Montane Waterproof Jacket

I am selling a ladies black montane H2O size 14 £25 ono

Quote Originally Posted by okmum33 View Post
    I am selling a ladies black montane H2O size 14 £25 ono
    Thanks for the offer but I think I'll hold out for a Mens one :wink:

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit to owning both! (in a medium too, but I'm keeping them, thanks!)

Both excellent kit;

The atomic dt is a great running jacket and the pockets are very useful for storing hats and gloves without having to take a pack off to put them in.

The lite-speed is fantastically lightweight, take up barely any more space than the pertex windshirt version, excellent for races that specifically require waterproof tops (i got mine for the fellsman). I got it from Outdoor GB and they reckon they've got it in stock; good price too.

Jase
    Try looking at the Montane Minimus pertex 2.5 shield, think that's the full title. Loads of posts on here about Montane jackets. This one is waterproof, taped seams, roll away wired hood and breathable as much as they can be at least. Has a better performance than basic pertex. I love mine and it works really well.
    Zaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zaf View Post
    Jase
    Try looking at the Montane Minimus pertex 2.5 shield, think that's the full title. Loads of posts on here about Montane jackets. This one is waterproof, taped seams, roll away wired hood and breathable as much as they can be at least. Has a better performance than basic pertex. I love mine and it works really well.
    Zaf
    No, it is the LiteSpeed H2O that he's thinking of; it's a really minimalist jacket, nearly half the weight (and half the price) of the minimus 2.5 shield. It's not perfect, it does need to be pretty cold for the breathability to work properly (but then that's true of most jackets when you actually run in them) and i don't imagine it would stand up to any rough long term use. As a pure race shell though, it's spot on, because the pack size (which is where it's probably going to stay most of the time) is so small.
    Last edited by AndyA; 27-02-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Its a tough call this one really. For example I was running on the Loughrigg Fell today in Ambleside and I got absolutely drenched but I didnt mind as it was only a short run and I was always close to the b&b to get a shower etc.

So based on that I would want something that would keep me dry for atleast a decent amount of time. I am not wanting something that will be used for hours and hours as I have a Paramo Vista jacket that I use for hiking.

I think it boils down to the Atomic DT or the Minimus.....

I'm looking at the Minimus as well, should be getting discounted any time as well.

I've got the atomic stretch and it's a fantastic jacket. I am thinking of getting a h20 though just because they're lighter. It seems a shame for a £100+ jacket to spend its life in a bumbag too!

In a perfect world I'd use the atomic for big days out and something small and light like the h20 for the bumbag.