Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hello! I'm new to *everything*

Re: Hello! I'm new to *everyth

Quote Originally Posted by Flopsy View Post
    I'm always amazed how many women I see running around with their boobs bouncing about all over the place. Must be a fair few black eyes about!! :w00t:

Shock Absorber (and go for the version for doing the most extreme sports) is definately the best investment you can make in a sports bra :thumbup:
    Aye that's the one they recommended I buy. I tried on a fair few, they were pretty patient with me.

I didn't know yomping was a Marines term - then again, as a kid I was with the 17/21 Lancers (don't exist no more) and as an adult instructor I was with the Welsh Guards, and training with them was frankly terrifying (they're infantry which don't have women in, so some of them had a few issues with women on their patch. This was a few years ago, but the mess had a line painted on the floor about a metre from the bar and women could not cross it to buy their own drinks. After spending the whole day keeping up, not being able to buy a drink, was pretty archaic! And you couldn't have a pint! Only halves!!!)

I hope it was in a proper lady's glass.

Alexandra, no women allowed in the Marines, the Infantry or the Royal Armoured Corps, or in submarines (I believe, not a tar myself) though they do serve alongside.

After amalgamation in 1958, my old mob had a white line painted across the bar and over the floor in the Sgts' Mess; West Yorks one side, East Yorks the other (no women there either).
    Last edited by Brotherton Lad; 22-03-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Some poor wretches live in the South of England!!!
    Ok Ok dont go rubbing it in, not all of us can help working in the Southern hemisphere of the UK - plus I will soon be moving from my home in the South Wales area to bloody Middlesex :w00t:

Welcome Yomper - just for the fact that you live where you do I am jealous - have fun matey !!! :thumbup:
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

I'm always amazed how many women I see running around with their boobs bouncing about all over the place. Must be a fair few black eyes about!! :w00t:

Shock Absorber (and go for the version for doing the most extreme sports) is definately the best investment you can make in a sports bra :thumbup:

I know what is that all about ! Even I wear a sports bra (tiny boobs ) so goodness knows how they cope!

Oh and hello yomper, welcome

I am unofficially the worst fell runner on the forum - live in Nottingham, worked in London, and just started working Manchester, so spend more time working and on trains than running anywhere near any fells, well running at all is a trial at the moment... and they still talk to me so it is all fine :thumbup:

Great Uncle Bulgaria

I fairness OHW is a fellrunning fashion icon, who can forget a chilly XOTF with One Hill wearing an angora (or was it Mohair) baselayer. None of your polyester/polyprop/pertex nonsense for her:thumbup:

Ah well if you're ever over Niddeerdale way then give me shout for a run or a cuppa. I'll be moving to Bewerley in a few weeks time.:thumbup:
    May well do that, I'll work out who you are first and check your race results so as not to be humiliated on a training run! I'm just down the road in Ripon. I love coming up to Middlesmoor and Dale Edge, it's good training land..

I need to run more. southernsoftie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Great Uncle Bulgaria View Post
    I fairness OHW is a fellrunning fashion icon, who can forget a chilly XOTF with One Hill wearing an angora (or was it Mohair) baselayer. None of your polyester/polyprop/pertex nonsense for her:thumbup:
    Armani, no less!
    "The best shield is to accept the pain, then what can really destroy me?"

http://garyufm.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Great Uncle Bulgaria View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by southernsoftie View Post
    Armani, no less!
    I think you should both lay off, She is in the media remember and has a persona to up hold

Master

"Some poor wretches live in the South of England!!!"

We do our best to overcome this distinct disadvantage, but it is impossible to practice those long steep ascents/descents except on the genuine terrain ....