Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Garmin Connect problems

Master
    Elevation corrections has disabled itself a couple of times again recently. Garmin recommend a master reset - has anybody tried it for this problem and did it help? The watch I have is a 610.

I never had a connection problem on the tops , mind you ive always used a map and compass, IMHO folk using and relying on such expensive gadgets on the fells is not a good thing
    I might be Tup , But not too Tup to know that I am Tup:w00t:

Master
    I do not use the 610 to navigate, just to record time/distance/total height gained and lost. It will of course give a reasonably accurate spot height and it will give a grid reference though I do not use it for this. The problem is that when the elevation corrections are disabled and you connect the 610 to a computer it will tell you you have gone up/down so many feet, when you know you have only done about half that.

This "disabling" of the elevation corrections just seems to happen randomly every now and then - very frustrating.

not sure but we were out running on a headtorcher in the early hours of friday morning we had 2 garmin 410 watches both turned on and off at same time we did 8 mile we checked the watches when finished and there was 3 min difference between the 2 any ideas why this could of happened

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by porcupine View Post
    not sure but we were out running on a headtorcher in the early hours of friday morning we had 2 garmin 410 watches both turned on and off at same time we did 8 mile we checked the watches when finished and there was 3 min difference between the 2 any ideas why this could of happened
    I suspect one was being turned on and off from time to time by contact with clothing/gloves.

Depending on the set up of the watches, one may log the total time running, while the other may log just the time moving. Just a thought.
    Paul C.

... continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.

Yep, as above ^^ - check the Auto Stop/Start option on both watches, sounds like one is On and the other is Off

mr criegton you could be right there but if it is,nt could be down to gloves as neither of the two had loose clothing only base layers + t shirt with watch on top of layer