Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Mill fell race

Lee Mill fell race

The first race in our Rossendale Harriers 4 race Mid Week series the LEE MILL FELL RACE is tomorrow night Wednesday 29th at 7.00 pm from Futures Park Bacup ( Adreneline Mountainbike Centre ) OL13 0BB.

It's a good tough, typical South Pennines Fell race over the same route used for the Lee Mill Relays race to be held later in the year. As with all of our fell races bring the full FRA kit along.

The next 3 races Whittle Pike, Pilgrims Cross and Golf Ball will be held on the next 3 Wednesday evenings.

For full details including route maps check out the Rossendale Harriers website ( Diary page )

Hope to see you there.

http://www.rossendaleharriers.co.uk/diary.htm

Cracker of a course tonight, it had the lot. Including the odd summer bog.

Cheers Stotty

Well done to Richard Stott for organising a great race last night. All 139 runners safely completed the tough course. Results can be found on the Rossendale Harriers website on the link below. Once again many thanks to Jim Godwin for producing the results and so quickly. Working out of his car last night couldn't have been easy.
    http://www.rossendaleharriers.co.uk/...illResults.pdf

Apologies for a couple of typos - the handbrake got in the way!
    Going downhill fast - until I fell over

Quote Originally Posted by multi coloured View Post
    Cracker of a course tonight, it had the lot. Including the odd summer bog.

Cheers Stotty
    Thanks Chris, hope to see you at relays Nov if not before.

Many thanks to Richard and helpers for another belting Rossy production. This race is a quality addition to the midweek series and for me I feel it's the best route of the four. Yeah there's plenty of bogs, which some may not like....Rossy runner Ronnie Turner obviously loved the bogs, he was covered from head to toe like he'd been bog snorkelling, brilliant.

On the night England international and Yorkshire fell champion Ben Mounsey really showed his class with a comfortable win, whilst his Calder valley teammate Jo Buckley was First Lady.

Hopefully runners will pass on positive comments to club mates and the Relays will benefit. I will certainly try and get a proper Chorley team out this year because there's no way I'm doing every leg again. At least a dozen runners ask me after the race how did I feel going around four times during last years relays? In a nutshell....freezing and f**ked.

Cheers.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

But surely the navigation got easier?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".

Good run by yourself last night I thought Breezy ! Are you doing the series.

Points tables for the 4 race Rossendale Harriers mid week series ( with 1 race down ) can be found on the Felljunior website here.

http://www.felljunior.org.uk/RHMW/

Good run by yourself last night I thought Breezy ! Are you doing the series.

You are very kind; and how could I resist with Dennis and Richard to put back in their place?
    "...as dry as the Atacama desert".