Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Danefield Relay

Super Moderator

Re: Danefield Relay 1 July 200

Quote Originally Posted by BGSec View Post
    Usually a few turn up on the nite without a team, so why not mate?

If we can't sort the kids and you can't find anyone really fast to run with, you can have a go with us.
    I'll probably still go over to Calderdale but will bear in mind if not I'll not be running anywhete very fast after following young Al Fowler round Kentmere yesterday
    Poacher turned game-keeper

Quote Originally Posted by BGSec View Post
    Well MT, I hope the absence of thread traffic is not a sign that no-one will turn up.

Should be there with Mrs BGSec and hoping to persuade 1 of the kids to make up a family team.
    I'm sure there'll be a few of the usual suspects - no doubt there'll be a few Ilkley junior teams among others?

I'm also sure you'll manage to make an ad-hoc team up if you come along DT - I remember Daleside doing so about 3 years ago before she got fully hooked

Right quick bite then I'm off - hopefully marshalling at top of the first climb this year

Really enjoyed the race tonight. The heat made it tougher than ever (where's a nice thunder storm when you really need one!). Thanks to everyone involved in organising this great local event. We'll be back next year.....

Well we did get a good turn-out - 43 teams with the usual mix of fell & road runners. Good win for P&B with Graham Pearce running fastest leg, Bingley women's winners with Sarah Jarvis fastest leg.

Thanks and well done to all the smiling runners who said thanks to me (I ended up on the track just after the forest ride footbridge). It's thirsty work saying "well done (Insert name or club name where known)....down the hill and follow the track round to the left..." a hundred times, though no doubt nowhere near as hard work as running on such a sticky night.

Great event! Was shattered when I got home.
    Any idea if any online results might appear?
    Cheers
    Tyke.

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Well we did get a good turn-out - 43 teams with the usual mix of fell & road runners. Good win for P&B with Graham Pearce running fastest leg, Bingley women's winners with Sarah Jarvis fastest leg.

Thanks and well done to all the smiling runners who said thanks to me (I ended up on the track just after the forest ride footbridge). It's thirsty work saying "well done (Insert name or club name where known)....down the hill and follow the track round to the left..." a hundred times, though no doubt nowhere near as hard work as running on such a sticky night.
    excellent work - your instructions were expertly delivered and most enouraging! i thought you said something in addition to this to me - something like - 'its a bit rocky down there' - I spent the next few mins trying to work out what you'd said - so much so that i nearly tripped up on the rocks and fell into the massive muddy bog area - soon brought my mind back in focus when I had to share the track with a couple of horses!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyke1968 View Post
    Great event! Was shattered when I got home.
    Any idea if any online results might appear?
    Cheers
    Tyke.
    Results will at some stage appear at www.fellandale.com, but if I receive a copy through club email first I'll try and remember to forward to Brett for posting on the FRA results page.

Quote Originally Posted by Daleside View Post
    excellent work - your instructions were expertly delivered and most enouraging! i thought you said something in addition to this to me - something like - 'its a bit rocky down there' - I spent the next few mins trying to work out what you'd said - so much so that i nearly tripped up on the rocks and fell into the massive muddy bog area - soon brought my mind back in focus when I had to share the track with a couple of horses!
    Yep you are right Judy I did mention the rocky section coming up soon - knowing its right up your street so to speak these days - well it's the nearest you are going to get to real fell terrain on Danefield

Was that bottom path a bit muddy then? (no change there!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Multiterrainer View Post
    Results will at some stage appear at www.fellandale.com, but if I receive a copy through club email first I'll try and remember to forward to Brett for posting on the FRA results page.
    Results now up at www.fellandale.com (under 'news and events' as opposed to 'results'!!)

Danefield Relay now 30 June

Due to a potential clash with world cup semi-final (and of course Brett's Stirton race!!) this year's Danefield Relay has been brought forward a week from 7 July to 30 June - see below for more details:

The Danefield Relay

Please note the date has now changed to:

Wednesday 30th June 2010

7:15 pm

Danefield Park,
    East Chevin Road,
    Otley Chevin
    GR 217 442

Course:

3 x 3 mile/450ft Relay. Well defined tracks and bridle paths with some climbs and descents. Estimated lap time 20-25 minutes.

Teams:

Teams of three - Men, Ladies, Mixed, Vets - ad hoc teams can be made up, although only teams of first claim members of the same club will quality for prizes.
    Awards:

1st Men's Team; 1st Vet's Team; 1st Ladies Team. Additional awards subject to sufficient entries.
    Entry Fee:

£7.50 per team on the night.
    Car Parking:

There are three public car parks within easy walking distance of the start.
    Information:

Gary Burns (07792) 076299