Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Montane H20

Montane H20

Bought one of these today in Sportsshoes. Very impressed, waterproof, windproof, taped seams, hood with toggles, fetching bright orange colour, and all for £45

I can see Pete Bland has them in for £37.50 but I'd have to order it and I was in the shop at the time so that'll do for me.
    Last edited by Rob Furness; 29-03-2011 at 11:11 PM.

Re: Montane H20

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Furness View Post
    Bought one of these today in Sportsshoes. Very impressed, waterproof, windproof, taped seams, hood with toggles, fetching bright orange colour, and all for £45

I can see Pete Bland has them in for £37.50 but I'd have to order it and I was in the shop at the time so that'll do for me.
    Shame you weren't aware of this before hand. Sportsshoes would have done it for at least £36.50 if not better as you were in store.
    "That was the night everything changed"

what's the main different with the basic montane windjacket (litespeed, featherlite whatever)? The name seems to suggest this one is a bit more waterproof - waterproof enough to pass a kitcheck?

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    what's the main different with the basic montane windjacket (litespeed, featherlite whatever)? The name seems to suggest this one is a bit more waterproof - waterproof enough to pass a kitcheck?
    I'm hoping so, it says waterproof on the blurb (although they're not super waterproof) so that should be good enough. I've got a cheap non-breathable one as a spare in the event that it doesn't pass. FRA only states windproof anyway but some races obviously want more.

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    I'm pretty sure the litespeed doesn't count as waterproof for races, but the h2o does. So it's the waterproofness that's the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by eavesy187 View Post
    Shame you weren't aware of this before hand. Sportsshoes would have done it for at least £36.50 if not better as you were in store.
    Never mind, not that bothered. I've been after one for a few weeks and only saw them going for £70 ish in go outdoors so far so I still save a bit in that respect.

Hi Rob. I just got the Montane featherlite pants (trousers). Top draw for emergency kit.

I looked at them Al but they're only classed as windproof and water resistant (not waterproof) so might be no good for certain races. Although in terms of weight and packability they're top notch

h20 passes kit check no probs, only down sides i can tell as ive also got one are a small fiddley zip (try and put it on while running)
    none breathable i tend to get wet in side due to sweat/heat & doesnt offer much protection in the way of a real emergancy! (ie not a winter jacket)
    also a pocket or two would be handy pardon the pun other wise top notch real bargin @ £37.50

they should pass muster for any race requiring 'waterproofness'. however it might not actually keep you dry for long!
    Adam Speed
    P&B