Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shorts

Re: Shorts

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
    I find that most shorts with liners cause chafing of the undercarriage! I tend to wear non-cotton 'trunks' under non-lined shorts. M&S polyamide/elastane trunks seem okay, although I'm interested in other opinions on if people have tried more advanced wicking pants.

Once lined shorts are out of the question then "shorts is shorts". One of my pairs is some 10+ year old lined shorts the the inner cut out. As long as the shorts don't get heavy or nasty in the rain then it is pretty much down to person style... and I don't have any of that.
    I have a pair of Lowe Alpine 'technical briefs' that work v nicely under running tights:
    http://www.nevisport.com/storedetail...duct_id-275061

Re. shorts, my issue is regarding the retention of sweat or rainwater: I'm a heavy sweater and find some shorts retain the fluid more and cling uncomfortably to the upper thigh. Likewise they get v cold by retaining rainwater in the winter.

I think the only way to avoid this is to go the minimal, 80s footballer way ... though would be interested to hear of any 'dry-knit' shorts out there ...

Quote Originally Posted by ZootHornRollo View Post
    I have a pair of Lowe Alpine 'technical briefs' that work v nicely under running tights:
    http://www.nevisport.com/storedetail...duct_id-275061

Re. shorts, my issue is regarding the retention of sweat or rainwater: I'm a heavy sweater and find some shorts retain the fluid more and cling uncomfortably to the upper thigh. Likewise they get v cold by retaining rainwater in the winter.

I think the only way to avoid this is to go the minimal, 80s footballer way ... though would be interested to hear of any 'dry-knit' shorts out there ...
    From the product decription on their site:

'Wear a pair of cotton knickers and you’ll end up with a cold arse.'

Lovely bit of Scottish directness!

I see they only have XL at that place. Same thing available here:
    http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/index.../code/19510021

Only slight gripe is that the waistband is a bit loose.

Picked up some "More Miles" shorts from the London Expo - very comfortable and quick drying and just a £5 each! New Balance also do some very good value longer shorts, about £10 a pair. Main thing to look for is flat seams, and printed rather than sewn in labels.

I tried some of the Montane Sonics and thought they were excellent, but unfortunately the open mesh weave lead to a bit of chafing in a VERY sensitive place! Good for swimming mind, so not a total waste of money!

Oh - forgot to say. I had some Lowe Alpine dryflo pants, but the waist band went baggy. Much prefer my paramo ones for under trousers.

I've gone for some Odlo pants from Lakes Runner. Haven't tried them on a run yet, but am sure they'll do the trick.