Thread: spring into old hutton

spring into old hutton

hello does anyone have a route description for this ldwa event. the one on their site comes up as gobbledegook and despite e mailing the organiser twice i haven't had a reply. many thanks!
    I can resist everything but temptation

http://ultrarunningcollie.blogspot.com/

Re: spring into old hutton

Sorry, cant type the whole thing out but basically leg 1 (the best) is an anticlockwise circuit up to the windfarm near Sedbergh Road junction on the M6, Leg 2 is a clockwise route over the Helm and Leg 3 is another clockwise circuit that passes under the M6 a little south of Killington services - 1 and 2 are very nice, 3 has a bit too much road in it after the previous 20 miles or so, but does improve for its last couple of miles. They usually have route descriptions at the start. This one has the best catering I've experienced at these events.
    I'm coming with my wife so just walking 1 or 2 this time, enjoy the day, forecast looking reasonable.

Re: spring into old hutton

Quote Originally Posted by Mark G View Post
    Sorry, cant type the whole thing out but basically leg 1 (the best) is an anticlockwise circuit up to the windfarm near Sedbergh Road junction on the M6, Leg 2 is a clockwise route over the Helm and Leg 3 is another clockwise circuit that passes under the M6 a little south of Killington services - 1 and 2 are very nice, 3 has a bit too much road in it after the previous 20 miles or so, but does improve for its last couple of miles. They usually have route descriptions at the start. This one has the best catering I've experienced at these events.
    I'm coming with my wife so just walking 1 or 2 this time, enjoy the day, forecast looking reasonable.
    cheers mark! i got a description from the organiser too. hope you enjoy it.
    I can resist everything but temptation

http://ultrarunningcollie.blogspot.com/