Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bulking Up

Re: Bulking Up

Have you considered watching Karate Kid 1 as well?

I watched that when I was about eight and felt so fired up afterwards I went straight upstairs and made my cardboard cutout of Roger Rabbit rue the day it'd been cut out.

Hope it goes well.

Master

I think our old mate Bob is back on the scene! Where's Steve-T to sort him out.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher leigh View Post
    Who is Bob? Who is Steve-T for that matter?

Did the test regardless and got 12 which I know is pretty rubbish. I hardly weigh anything but have no arm muscles whatsoever. I guess you have to start somewhere though.

Does anyone have any experience of Taekwondo or Kickboxing? Theres some classes near me and thinking of going to one of them. Which can cause most damage?

Quote Originally Posted by christopher leigh View Post
    the more I read the more AS springs to mind.

Hulk Hogan, not only a particularly "bulked up" gentleman, but also a well adjusted and eminently sensible type, advocated saying prayers and eating greens (vegetables, I presume). Why not give that a bash?
    Geoff Clarke

This has to be a wind-up.....

If not John, bulking up is going to be a hell of a mission for you by the sounds of it.. you don't sound genetically suited to gaining muscle. You can gain some strength in 3 weeks but that'll be purely down to neurological adaptation.. Even with a 5-6 day a week body building split routine, you'd be lucky if you saw any muscle growth until 12 weeks down the line.

Piss in a water pistol... reckon that'll get you a harder kicking than nicking the bloke's girlfriend.

Martial arts... it'll be a fair while before you'd have enough skill to make them any use at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nikalas View Post
    No wind up. I've got 3 weeks until I have to see him again and need a fix quickly. I'm absolutely bricking it.

If not John, bulking up is going to be a hell of a mission for you by the sounds of it.. you don't sound genetically suited to gaining muscle. You can gain some strength in 3 weeks but that'll be purely down to neurological adaptation.. Even with a 5-6 day a week body building split routine, you'd be lucky if you saw any muscle growth until 12 weeks down the line.
    Thanks Nikalas. You seem to know what you're talking about - do you have any other suggestions?

This guy does the pub quiz each Tuesday at one of the nearby pubs so I know he'll be there tomorrow night. I'm half tempted to take Eavesy's advice and go to the pub and try and land a sucker punch whilst his back is turned. I'm rubbish at fighting though and don't know how to swing a proper punch. Is it as simple as clenching your fist, winding your arm back like a baseball pitcher and swinging? Wheres the best place to aim for? My mate reckons the temple is best but I've heard thats dangerous.

Piss in a water pistol... reckon that'll get you a harder kicking than nicking the bloke's girlfriend.

Martial arts... it'll be a fair while before you'd have enough skill to make them any use at all.
    That was only meant to stop him from coming near me but as I said in a previus post I was afraid of him getting it off me and using it on me.

Master

You're not helping Nikalas.........in getting my laughter under control

Master

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM32 View Post
    No wind up. I've got 3 weeks until I have to see him again and need a fix quickly. I'm absolutely bricking it.

Thanks Nikalas. You seem to know what you're talking about - do you have any other suggestions?

This guy does the pub quiz each Tuesday at one of the nearby pubs so I know he'll be there tomorrow night. I'm half tempted to take Eavesy's advice and go to the pub and try and land a sucker punch whilst his back is turned. I'm rubbish at fighting though and don't know how to swing a proper punch. Is it as simple as clenching your fist, winding your arm back like a baseball pitcher and swinging? Wheres the best place to aim for? My mate reckons the temple is best but I've heard thats dangerous.

That was only meant to stop him from coming near me but as I said in a previus post I was afraid of him getting it off me and using it on me.
    John you'll have to hit him on the chin with a reversed roundhouse, but be careful you don't lose your balance. Even worse is if you telegraph the move and he grabs your leg, then you'll really be in for it.