Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Great lakes run

Definitely up for this one, looks a beast. Will serve well if I decide to give Wasdale a go again (shudders).

Great news!!

Did this one during the year of the great flood and had an awesome time, think I had to swim at least twice. A genuine toughie and a great test of route finding seeing as the best lines have seemingly yet to be fully established (or at least remembered, run on continuously and converted to race trods).

I've put it in the diary! Also, can I claim a semi-Fishwick if I do Jura, Duddon, Welsh 1000m's, an ultra Duathlon & then this one on consecutive weekends?

Quote Originally Posted by ChevinbyTorchlight View Post
    Great news!!

Did this one during the year of the great flood and had an awesome time, think I had to swim at least twice. A genuine toughie and a great test of route finding seeing as the best lines have seemingly yet to be fully established (or at least remembered, run on continuously and converted to race trods).

I've put it in the diary! Also, can I claim a semi-Fishwick if I do Jura, Duddon, Welsh 1000m's, an ultra Duathlon & then this one on consecutive weekends?
    Haha nice one Chevin, it looks like you've got a busy 4 weeks planned. It's a pity Welsh 1000 clashes with Ennerdale.

This year during same period I managed Old county tops, Glaramara, Kildwick, Hutton Roofs, Helvellyn and the dodds, Harrock Hill, Killington Sports, Duddon long, Coniston gullies, Paddy's pole, Blencathra, Ennerdale, Kettlewell, Up the beast, Tebay, Two lads, Cwm Pennant horseshoe.......4 weeks with 5 AL's and few squeezed in between.
    Darren Fishwick, Chorley.

Great race, glad to see it back on the calendar.
    Do what you like, like what you do

Quote Originally Posted by Tindersticks View Post
    This year during same period I managed Old county tops, Glaramara, Kildwick, Hutton Roofs, Helvellyn and the dodds, Harrock Hill, Killington Sports, Duddon long, Coniston gullies, Paddy's pole, Blencathra, Ennerdale, Kettlewell, Up the beast, Tebay, Two lads, Cwm Pennant horseshoe.......4 weeks with 5 AL's and few squeezed in between.
    'Bout time you got some training in Daz ~ all this racing can't be good for you
    See the light in the night

should be a hot one tomorrow!

at least there should be no clag for me to temporarily mislocate in this year!
    Scramble the rock face through the glare of morning sun — to run

Totally brilliant race - Super route to run or spectate / cheerlead :-) Brilliant organisation, marshals, supporters and runners. Well done everyone. Few photos here I took of the runners on the way up to Bowfell and a set on Pike O'Blisco summit. Download and share as you wish. No obligation but if you wish to make a small donation to the Thomas Theyer Foundation from as little as £2 then please follow this link https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/nigel-jeff If anyone would like the high res original give me a shout and I will e-mail it to you.

https://goo.gl/photos/Y5gDZSBp5MxEiLKQA on the way up to Bowfell CP1

https://goo.gl/photos/EYQq9CY4REWL4cTN7 Pike O'Blisco summit

Enjoy. See you next year. MrRTS is bringing a few mates as requested :-)

One of my favourite photo's from the Great Lakes. I am unable to see it with out singing - Madness Baggy Trousers hahaha
    baggy trousers.jpg