Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wray Caton

Re: Wray Caton

Quote Originally Posted by Ze Monsta View Post
    First race back after an ankle sprain, enjoyed it a lot, ankle held up fine, wasn't too bad underfoot. I was a bit off my usual pace and died at the end, but suffered nothing that couldn't be put right with an Aberdeen Angus burger, onions and black pud..
    Missed the veggie black pudding though. Hog roast smelt good.

First post on this site and first "proper" fell race today at the age of 42 after too many years of running on the flat.

Thought the race organisation and marshalling was excellent. Thought the conditions were pretty good and happy with my time of ~55:20. Hutton Roof Crags next.

results are up wrayvillage.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Howgill Tarrier View Post
    Thanks for the info. Must wear a forumite ribbon next time. FYI I was the less-than-33-year-old Howgill Harrier with a beard who wasn't Carl Bell.

As usual forgot to stop my watch at the end so not sure about my time. I'd say the ladies' record has definitely been smashed, and I must tip my howgill hat to the chap who easily ran me down in the last stretch after I kicked far too early. Lesson learnt...
    I think that would have been Bowland's Chris Reade, from what he was telling me at the presentation .... a Howgill Harrier had challenged him in the last field, obviously not realising that there was some road into the village and a bit of urban nav through the village.
    I was a bit of an oddball until I was abducted by aliens; but I'm perfectly OK now!

Quote Originally Posted by wheezing donkey View Post
    I think that would have been Bowland's Chris Reade, from what he was telling me at the presentation .... a Howgill Harrier had challenged him in the last field, obviously not realising that there was some road into the village and a bit of urban nav through the village.
    Cheers WD - that fits with the results. And it's the second time my surname has been spelled wrong but with the same error each time. Must be my writing, which is as clear as my race tactics...

Quote Originally Posted by Carty View Post
    First post on this site and first "proper" fell race today at the age of 42 after too many years of running on the flat.

Thought the race organisation and marshalling was excellent. Thought the conditions were pretty good and happy with my time of ~55:20. Hutton Roof Crags next.
    Welcome! I'm a bit of a newbie myself but I'd say that time is very respectable. May see you at Hutton Roof.

Carl Bell..winner of Wray Caton Moor

http://www.wrayvillage.co.uk/documen...ompetitors.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by wharfeego View Post
    Carl Bell..winner of Wray Caton Moor

http://www.wrayvillage.co.uk/documen...ompetitors.pdf
    Great photo. Any 'moor' where that came from?

Wray Caton Moor

I'm hoping to do the Wray fell race on Bank Holiday Monday. Never done this before - has anyone got a link to a race route, or could offer any tips for this one? Cheers, Mike

Re: Wray Caton Moor

Oops- just realised that a thread already exists from last year- D'Oh! (And I can't delete this one so apologies if anyone gets annoyed by duplicate threads...1)