Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bosley

Bosley

Tough little race today, very enjoyable and well organised, thanks very much.

See you next year!
    :thumbup:

Re: Bosley

Dear All,
    This is a great little race thats now in its second year after a long break.
    Its very runnable with some great views. If you don't have any plan this weekend, I can recommend it.

As the week went on, I didn't think I'd be doing this and only decided at the eleventh hour... well about midday actually. A drink the night before and a couple of reps of Teggs Nose with the dogs in the morning wasn't the best prep, but the heat was the killer and the flat first and last mile really hurt. I really struggle with the flat bits..."runnable" always makes me suspicious Tim!

But lovely terrain and good to see so many familiar faces... (Darren Tindersticks; Truck and Mr &Mrs Noel). Simon Bailey took the honours, as usual. Thanks to all for putting it on.
    Last edited by lantern rouge; 09-06-2013 at 10:37 AM.
    www.macclesfield-harriers.co.uk
    Teggs Nose Fell Race Saturday 4th August 2018 14.30

Simon Cartledge

Quote Originally Posted by lantern rouge View Post
    As the week went on, I didn't think I'd be doing this and only decided at the eleventh hour... well about midday actually. A drink the night before and a couple of reps of Teggs Nose with the dogs in the morning wasn't the best prep, but the heat was the killer and the flat first and last mile really hurt. I really struggle with the flat bits..."runnable" always makes me suspicious Tim!

But lovely terrain and good to see so many familiar faces... (Darren Tindersticks; Truck and Mr &Mrs Noel). Simon Bailey took the honours, as usual. Thanks to all for putting it on.
    Good to see you too Simon.
    I totally agree, the final flat mile was nasty. I had a wimslow running bearing down on me.
    I made it to the finishing field and totally gave it my all to get to the line.

Thanks very much to the RO and all other helpers for a great local race.

Quote Originally Posted by Truck View Post
    Dear All,
    This is a great little race thats now in its second year after a long break.
    Its very runnable with some great views. If you don't have any plan this weekend, I can recommend it.
    Truck - think I met you before the race and then briefly caught up with you after as well. Apologies for being a bit distracted when you introduced yourself, we turned up late and I was having a last minute faff to make sure I got to the start line on time!

Great little race although the mile or so of flat running at the start / finish really exposed my lack of pace!

I was there too. Lovely race. Great marshals and MrRTS home made cakes at the end really hit the spot. Great to be back running from injury. Now to work on getting faster. Well done everyone. One point though, anyone that got back with no bog up to their thighs should be docked 5 mins :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
    Truck - think I met you before the race and then briefly caught up with you after as well. Apologies for being a bit distracted when you introduced yourself, we turned up late and I was having a last minute faff to make sure I got to the start line on time!

Great little race although the mile or so of flat running at the start / finish really exposed my lack of pace!
    Yeah great too meet you. Hope the club run went well today.
    Hopefully see you again soon.

Tim.

Here's some pics, what a lovely day for it!
    http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/tr.../Bosley%202013

Quote Originally Posted by Wain View Post
    Here's some pics, what a lovely day for it!
    http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/tr.../Bosley%202013
    Top pics mate :thumbup:
    Great to see you both at the top.