Page 101 of 113 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1124

Thread: Snowdon Race

Re: Snowdon

ye good to meet u to Daz,
    First snowdon for me, was tough wouldnt of done it if i hadnt of entered ages ago, not done much training recently thought id be ok but was tough!!* minutes slower to the top than i expected but 2 minutes quicker down hill than i thought, an never got passed by anyone on way down. doing it again next year hopefully be in better shape. Brilliant race well supported and marshalled.

Highlights of the race can be seen on S4C tonight at 9pm you may need the English subtitles unless you can speak Welsh!

We had a great time watching yesterday. Me and Chris managed to get to the top just before Andi Jones appeared, he looked so strong. Shame about the clag on the top as it spoilt the view but it cleared up nicely as we made our way down following the runners.
    Last edited by LM; 24-07-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Yes, a fantastic day - so much more than just a race. I got some more Pete Bland socks and four lavender plants as well.

Heartfelt thanks to all those involved in making it so enjoyable – with a special thanks to whoever organised the weather!

For an ‘ordinary’ runner like me, it is a great thrill to be running with the elites. What amazing men and women they are.

This was my fourth Snowdon and I did my best time – despite tripping on the way down, sliding along the path on my stomach, ruining my shirt and shorts, and losing my number.

Fortunately, a kind spectator found the number for me and I ran the last 2 1/2 miles clutching it in my hands.

Fantastic support and great atmosphere.

Roll on next year!

well done all .. was a great day out and deffinatly be back next year. does anyone know who the photographer on the summit was?

Quote Originally Posted by beasty1711 View Post
    well done all .. was a great day out and deffinatly be back next year. does anyone know who the photographer on the summit was?
    Ray Wood. I'm not sure his photo's will be available on a picasa type site, he was probably taking publicity shots for the race or Snowdonia active site. He's fairly much a full time photographer.

I was out on Snowdon earlier in the day but had to get home before you all set off. Well done to everyone who took part it seems like it was a good day out. I might have to have a go next year.

Good day, bit hot on the way up for me - lost 4 mins on best time, but exactly the same coming down which was good fun as overtook lots - have to work on uphill so that I don't have to overtake so many on the downhill!!!:w00t:

Post Re: Snowdon

Disappointed with my time this year. My 7th run, but my second slowest time at 1'57 - 12 minutes slower than last year. I guess this is what happens if you weigh a stone more and don't train as much! Still, it was a great day - fantastic weather and, having watched the tv coverage last night, what a cracking race for 1st/2nd place. Well done Andi, but also well done to Murray Strain for providing some real challenge at the front.

Great day and brilliant race! Fantastic to see the battle on S4C last night in the highlights between Andi and Murray. Really enjoyed the race this year. The organisation was top notch as usual, well done to Stephen and the rest of the race committee and all the marshalls and helpers on the day. Had a big buzz passing the Victoria hotel with all the cheering and support by the locals!

more photos ere, scroll to bottom of story.

http://www.mudsweatandtears.co.uk/20...526+Tears%2529