Page 62 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: Snowdon Race

Re: Snowdon 2009

Whats the best campsite to stay at? is it worth booking???
    Soon come round

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Whats the best campsite to stay at? is it worth booking???
    Soon come round
    Theres one right next to the llanberis youth hostel but you have to find a good spot. You may struggle without booking i think
    Trying to plod up hills every day slightly faster than the day before

This one here? http://www.campinginllanberis.com/

He actually just opens up more fields, so it never quite fills up as far as I know. And the farmer runs!

There has been an update on the website about the route etc, link below:

http://www.snowdonrace.com/saesneg/news.html

Bugger, that filter system at Clogwyn looks like it rules out the going Left immediately as you pass the railway which is a nice little line. The major short cut is now gone which is a pity, but don't think they had a choice. However the reason why that is used by everyone, runners and walkers, is the alternative 'path' is in a mess and needs work done ASAP (there are bags dropped there now so hopefully by next year that section will be better).

Any word on international entries for this year?!

Wales A is Rich Roberts, Math Collins (I think), Martin Shaw, Andy Davies, b: Math Roberts, Roland Stafford, Chris Near and me.

Women: I thinK Sarah R, Jenny Hemming and Andrea Roberts.

England's team is posted on the fellrunner site I think.

Not sure on Scotlands.

Quote Originally Posted by IainR View Post
    Bugger, that filter system at Clogwyn looks like it rules out the going Left immediately as you pass the railway which is a nice little line. The major short cut is now gone which is a pity, but don't think they had a choice. However the reason why that is used by everyone, runners and walkers, is the alternative 'path' is in a mess and needs work done ASAP (there are bags dropped there now so hopefully by next year that section will be better).
    You mean on the way down when you go off to left - where you fell on the tv programme last year??...if so then that funnel shouldn't have an effect should it as the funnel is the other end of the tunnel?. Still hope it doesn't effect it as I went up and down that way last week and deffo much better. Also that bad section where you ain't aloud to take the big - well a nice little trod has developed on either lhs on way up or rhs on way down so we can miss it out either way.

Also mentions 3 peaks challenge on website - they'll be going up Pyg / Miners wont they - so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Internationals: Think Julien Roncon - 2nd in 2004 and 11th in the Europeans on wknd and Emmanuel Meyssat are running for France (8th in Euros) so could be an interesting one?

Northern Ireland men's team:

Andrew Niblock
    Gary Bailey
    Johnny Steede
    Alex Brennan

Quote Originally Posted by RhosgadMath View Post
    You mean on the way down when you go off to left - where you fell on the tv programme last year??...if so then that funnel shouldn't have an effect should it as the funnel is the other end of the tunnel?. Still hope it doesn't effect it as I went up and down that way last week and deffo much better. Also that bad section where you ain't aloud to take the big - well a nice little trod has developed on either lhs on way up or rhs on way down so we can miss it out either way.

Also mentions 3 peaks challenge on website - they'll be going up Pyg / Miners wont they - so shouldn't be too much of a problem.
    It depends how busy it is, it'll mean crossing the flow or the runners though.

Yeah sore that trod when we checked it out a few weeks back.

I think sometimes the 3 peakers come down the Llanberis Path as there is a marque, finishing tent, food etc provided in the car park in front of the Vic..I think this gets around parking issues at PyP..

Massive high pressure block pushing in on Friday so weather will be interesting?!?