I've been lurking here a while a off and on and running for a couple of years to keep the belly at bay.

Up in Keighley visiting my mum over the weekend and decided to have a bit of a run as I had my orienteering shoes with me.

Dropped off the family in Ilkley and parked at Cow and Calf. Ran over towards Burley Woodhead then up the stream to the moor top, past the Twelve Apostles to Keighley (Whetstone) Gate then back over the road to Ilkley. Up the path past White Wells and above Rocky Valley then back past the quarry to the Cow and Calf Car Park.

About 7 miles and 1000 feet I think. 90 minutes if you subtract the time spent talking to the "Baht T'Hat Walk" Marshal at Keighley Gate so we haven't discovered the next Ian Holmes!

What an absolutely superb run out, blue sky all the way, 15C and a wind to keep you cool and I've never seen the moor drier. Really, really enjoyable.

I just wore shorts and a long sleeved base layer and my orienteering shoes. Carried a windshirt, hat, gloves a few jaffa cakes and a litre of water (some of which came back with me) and a compass and OS map. Couldn't fit the map in my (cycling type)
bum bag so carried it by hand.

Any tips? Maybe get a bigger bag for a start and what do you guys carry on a run of 1-2 hours?

Right ankle a bit sore (but no worse than a few miles on the roads) and the peat was really comfortable to run on. Kept going on the flats and downs but walked some of the uphills.

Must get up North more often..............