Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well I took the plunge

Re: Well I took the plunge

Stained feet and black toenails are 'tools of the trade', I think! I know what you mean about the flagged bit, from the aerials over to the trig point; I know it's to counter erosion but it's taken a bit of the fun out of that stretch. Also, the prehistoric cairn that used to be next to the trig has disappeared since that path was built.
    Did you enjoy it? That's all that really matters...

Thoroughly enjoyed it - who wouldn't on a day like Sunday! Yes the toenails are black though a long session with a nail brush shifted the fake tan from my feet.

No races yet though I might have a go. A couple of guys in my orienteering club head north for races every couple of weeks and have offered to take me along.

The main problem is so little access to proper upland down here. Running round the fields is OK but not really the same

Next time you're coming up give us some advance warning, mebbe we can get together for a run out. As the moniker suggests, I'm very much a plodder not a racing snake though!

Plodding Bear, I'm no racer either and more interested in enjoying myself than being the quickest. I'm up around 3-4 times a year and will drop you a line when I next get a chance.
    Thanks for the offer!