Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When to change shoes?

Re: When to change shoes?

I think the 500 miles thing is nothing more than clever salesmanship. There is no evidence to suggest that it's true and actually one study which proved the opposite (less injuries with worn shoes). The cushioning (in road shoes or any other) doesn't prevent injuries anyway (again, no evidence and some counter evidence) so I say wear them until they fall off your feet. I have inov8's such as my X Talons which are falling apart but feel as comfy as carpet slippers. I do agree that, particularly the newer, Inov8s arent made to last - which is a shame because I love them in every other way.

Just as a continuation, have a quick look at the photos on this blog post... i reckon if your shoes look like this, its about time to replace...
    http://globaltherapies.blogspot.com/...ing-shoes.html

if they look like that and still feel comfortable, then hey, carry on wearing them, personally, I'd rather cough up for a new pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodzy View Post
    walshes sole's are shot uppers not so bad wondering what the re soles are like is it worth it? (prod only done 100 mile)
    soles lasted no time at all
    if I only got 100 miles out of any shoe and the soles were shot I would be calling the manufacturer up to ask the WTF!! no value for money at all, sounds like you got a seriously rubbish pair.

Just out of interest, what terrain was the 100miles done on? if all off road them all the more reason to complain complain complain. I personally would be demanding either a refund if you decided you'd lost trust in the shoe or a replacement pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Furness View Post
    I just got another set of Walshes from go outdoors for £39, that's a bargain in my book. They also sell x talons for £64 as well.
    thats a good price £39 pity my nearest stores blackburn over an hour down the m6

Quote Originally Posted by Woodzy View Post
    thats a good price £39 pity my nearest stores blackburn over an hour down the m6
    I suppose that defeats the object of getting a low price. I don't think you could order them online either for some reason. I'd offer to get some for you and post them but that would up the cost as well.

Incidentally I think you need to change your shoes if they look like these posted on Norman Walsh's twitter feed the other day
    Attachment 4996
    @Hill_Runner on twitter

Double what the manufacturers say and ur getting close.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Furness View Post
    I suppose that defeats the object of getting a low price. I don't think you could order them online either for some reason. I'd offer to get some for you and post them but that would up the cost as well.

Incidentally I think you need to change your shoes if they look like these posted on Norman Walsh's twitter feed the other day
    Attachment 4996
    to be fair there not as bad as these! but not far off lost all confidence on the decents in mine

Just started to get achilles pain as my Roclite 312's are approaching 500 miles. Coincidence ? Not sure, but I'm breaking in to a new box to see if it goes & will report back !